All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Steam for dummies?

DJ Infinity

OK,

After searching the forums and trying to find a solution for Steam so I can progress with setting up Game Ex. I have ever come to a dead stop. Anyone have a simple way for Steam to work in Game Ex? Or maybe point me to a forum post that I may have overlooked. I've tried the post about renaming the one file in steam and deleting the files concerning Steam in Game Ex. Restart Game Ex and still only 2 games show up.

16 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

It should be automatic. No complexity involved. Maybe something got changed in a new version of the Steam client.

Exactly. Literally all you need to do is enter your username in the GameEx Wizard in the appropriate section IRRC.

13 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Again, it should be seamless. If something got broken in a steam update then you need to wait for me to fix it. if its an issue on your end then you should post your log. You don't need a guide :)

Well Tom,

Thanx but if it's something simple like editing a few files I don't mind really. I can get the run ID(s) from the desktop shortcuts. I just need to know what to edit :)

Well Im at work now. Im gonna install game ex on this machine here. I do have a few of my steam games on it. But I saw another thread when someone was making batch files for steam so im gonna try that approach. *UPDATE* got Game Ex installed it shows 4 out of 11 installed steam games. Better than my game machine at home that only shows 2 :)

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Actually yes I can. I dunno why it says invalid or filtered path. it's the default steam setup path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common. but all games reside there. and this one is from my game machine at home. I could manually edit if I knew where and what files to edit.

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Well let's put it this way. I have 52 games installed most I got on sale. Only two show up.  The cheapest game in my library is $19.99. I lied. The 7th Guest and 11th hour bundle is $9.99. Are all yours showing up? If so are you using the default Steam install?

@DJ Infinity What drive is Steam installed on and what drive (or drives) are your Steam game folders installed on? I seam to recall an issue a while back with games on the non-default games folder not being listed in GameEx's Steam game list.

I got the impression that an old version of Steam did not relay important bits of info on those games to GameEx. I do not recall this issue coming up in quite a while.

I should add that I also checked my Steam library against GameEx and all of my installs are listed. This is across two steam game folders on two drives...but my PC was reloaded about a year ago and all of the games were installed after my very first GameEx was installed on this PC.

default steam install sir. I think ima hafta revert back to a older version of Game Ex. Because nothing is working now. I tried t get Daphne to work. despite being enabled it doesnt show up in Game Ex. Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall. Tom says Steam works out the box. But on both machines Win 8.1 & 10 Pro 64 Bit. Im hitting a lot of roadblocks. On earlierr versions of Game Ex simple configurations could be done and everything worked. I guess I'll wait on Evolution to be released. Maybe I'll have better luck with it. 

Tom,

This is what I did to get Daphne to show up and work. I found my old Game Ex install off my old computer I copied the contents of the Daphne section of the Game Ex.ini and edited the drive positions. The old was G:\Emulators\Daphne. Current is C:\Emulation\Daphne. For some reason I don't think the .ini file is being written to correctly. I don't know if it is a Windows Pro 64 Bit issue or not. Maybe thats why only 2 out of my 50 Steam Games show up. I got Steam working using that UGL program from another thread. I dont care for it but eh it works.