All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Surprise Auto-Update - Themes and Config Went Poof

Necromancyr

So...I had autoupdate turned off and somehow - not certain how - I got an update a few weeks back and didn't realize it.  Restarted my cabinet today and it came up as raw GameEx, theme was gone.  I reopened the SetupWizard and NONE of the themes I had - including the one I did myself - show up.  I then found a backup folder made from the autoupdate (I think), reverted GameEx, and the themes reappeared - so good so far.  However, my config appears to be gone. 

So, few questions....

1. Did a forced update happen (or could one of my kids done this accidentally through a menu item I was unaware of)?  The version that was on the machine was older (2014/2015 or so) but it just worked so I didn't want to mess with it. 

2. Did the theme format change - or location - that would mean my themes are either invalid or I need to relocate?

3. Any chance the config got backed up somewhere I could try to save? 

I'd rather not rebuild everything if possible but...guess I'm due for an update anyway.  Just kind of a PITA. :)   Thanks in advance for the help.

1. No

2. Not that I'm aware of

3. The configuration shouldn't be saved over, but typically there is a config.ini backup in the GameEx > Config folder. Is it possible that you have it installed on two different locations somehow?

You're playing a dangerous game not keeping your GameEx up to date, but I'll spare you the lecture. :)