All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball Arcade Direct Table Launch with Free Camera Mod!

bduncan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have finally bought Season 1 TPA, but didn't understand a thing of this whole thread XD

The only thing i managed to do is to TPA starts from PBX, the whole program, not the single table..

How you do that ? What i need?

Using TPA steam version
Thank you

2 hours ago, Anjiro76 said:

Hi, i have finally bought Season 1 TPA, but didn't understand a thing of this whole thread XD

The only thing i managed to do is to TPA starts from PBX, the whole program, not the single table..

How you do that ? What i need?

Using TPA steam version
Thank you

I second that.

Everyone is using some AHK scripts....at start and at exit but, no-one can post them somewhere...
Since freecam mode requires portrait resolution how will pinballx work with that and also how will VP and PFX2 work ?

Managed to start single tables , but can't seems to make the very first one (location 1x1) to start...

trying to use <SendKeysOnStart> command in XML file too, but it keep starting Elvira XD
i can hear button being pressed, still always Elvira, regardless of the game i select XD
will make more experiments

EDIT: SendKeys seems to act randomly -.-! Maybe i'll stick to the Location plans and who cares about the 1x1 table :V

Hi Guys, 

FreeCamMod now has direct table launch. This when launching from PBX doesn't work consistent. To do this we had to exit PBX and launch FreeCamMod which in turn launches TPA and then auto selects the table. To help doing this Bduncan came with the original AHK script and idea and I then further modified it to show last selected table when you get back to Pinballx (which I still sometimes feel doesnt work) and to run video backglasses instead of FreeCamMod default PNG backglasses.

You simply need the first script I posted (or if you don't care about last table selected) Bduncan's AHK script. 

You need latest FreeCamMod that has direct table launch method included for this to work.

What I see from posts above is that you have not setup TPA as other systems in PinballX you are setting it up using internal PinballX integration which uses the XML and Grid positions to launch a table. This thread and AHK script assumes that you have TPA setup as Other Systems and you have nothing in the Pinball Arcade drop down (Meaning you are not using internal integration). Now you don't need to care about the GRID positions in the XML as FreeCamMod will be used to direct launch the table by passing it the table name as a parameter. 

Hope that helps.

it's "all" ready to launch... but i think i'm missing something about http://pastebin.com/8azvyP8B
where i need to put/use that ?
do i need to create a script for each table ? O_o
i get an error : can't find XXXXX script (where XXXXX is table name)

tried to make a new script for 1 table.. but it launches TPA main menu and not said table

Example : RUN C:\TPAFreeCamMod\TPAFreeCamMod.exe -table AttackFromMars

Strange thing : if i purpousely write the table name wrong (in the script) TPA says Table name's wrong, and give a list of right names..
if i write the right one, no errors but it stay in the main screen of TPA

NEWS :

The little script : RUN C:\TPAFreeCamMod\TPAFreeCamMod.exe -table AttackFromMars

works, just needed to rotate the screen O_o LOL

still, if i try to run the whole thing from PBX it says that can't find a script such as C:\TPAFreeCamMod\AttackFromMars (without estension O_o)

NEWS 2 :
Managed to select a table (1 main script + 1 each table) but it randomly works :\
sometime (1 every 100 XD ) works... else it try to load the table, sometimes it goes till when i need to press plunger/enter to play the table, but the mouse MUST be on the START button else it doesn't do a thing... and it doesn't..

sometime it doesn't goes past the initial message of PBA (where u need to click on "OK" (it's not OK but a "V" or similar, anyway.. to go on :D ) ALWAYS cause the mouse pointer isn't where it needs to be (so no ENTER/Plunger function will work)

where i am going wrong ? :\

NEWS 3 ( LLLOOOLLLL )

If i make the single table script run (RUN C:\blablablablablabla\TPAFreeCamMod.exe -table AttackFromMars)
it ALWAYS works O_o
it make strange things when launched from PBX/Main script

6 hours ago, Anjiro76 said:

NEWS :

The little script : RUN C:\TPAFreeCamMod\TPAFreeCamMod.exe -table AttackFromMars

works, just needed to rotate the screen O_o LOL

still, if i try to run the whole thing from PBX it says that can't find a script such as C:\TPAFreeCamMod\AttackFromMars (without estension O_o)

NEWS 2 :
Managed to select a table (1 main script + 1 each table) but it randomly works :\
sometime (1 every 100 XD ) works... else it try to load the table, sometimes it goes till when i need to press plunger/enter to play the table, but the mouse MUST be on the START button else it doesn't do a thing... and it doesn't..

sometime it doesn't goes past the initial message of PBA (where u need to click on "OK" (it's not OK but a "V" or similar, anyway.. to go on :D ) ALWAYS cause the mouse pointer isn't where it needs to be (so no ENTER/Plunger function will work)

where i am going wrong ? :\

NEWS 3 ( LLLOOOLLLL )

If i make the single table script run (RUN C:\blablablablablabla\TPAFreeCamMod.exe -table AttackFromMars)
it ALWAYS works O_o
it make strange things when launched from PBX/Main script

Are you running this as another program or the integrated Pinball Arcade support?  If running from the integrated support, try running as another program instead?

On 25/03/2017 at 3:00 PM, Anjiro76 said:

hi, yes running as another program.

I read that other ppls had/have same problem but didn't understand if they resolved..

That is correct - you need to run it as another program in Other Emulators setting. Don't setup anything in PBX Settings The Pinball Arcade drop down until that is fixed.

Once you are in other program you follow Bduncan's earlier instructions in this thread to set it up with a custom AHK script complied as exe, meaning you don't start TPA or FreeCamMod from PBX you actually just invoke this custom AHK compiled as exe and pass on the Table name as parameter - all instructions there.

Now the AHK script itself, take Bduncan's original for now just to test. It should all work. 

Until PBX internal integration is removed by Tom and FCM direct table method is support - using PBX The Pinball Arcade drop down to set it up will not work. 

Even setting up as Other Emulators and again directly launching FCM which then launches TPA - still will not work consistently, we had to close PBX and then launch FCM and hence the simple first AHK script as a replacement exe to FCM. You simply launch this from PBX pass it table name - the script then launches FCM passing table name which then launches TPA. 

Once you hit escape the script then closes TPA and re-launches PBX. My work then saves the last table selected and also allows you to use video backglasses instead of the default PNG images FCM uses.

Hope that explains it better?

On 2017-02-04 at 10:50 AM, leggless2001 said:

I have tried getting this working but my pinball arcade wont run dx11 using any of the .exe files and i can only run the dx11 version by right clicking pinball arcade in steam and running dx11 version from there and also when i run the tbafreecammod.exe and set it to auto launch i get some sort of annoying steam allow message.

so its still an issue for me :( not wasting anymore time with it unless someone gets a bullet proof way of doing it ? and also let me know if anyone has had issues with steam allow dialogue box and running the dx11 version straight off ? argh! lol

If you cannot get TBA to run DirectX11 games, it proably is an issue in the registry.  If I recall correctly, you need to find the TPA entry in your registry and change the path to your user profiles for the game.  Farsight goofed up and the path in the registry is for Stern Arcade and not TPA.  You just need to rename it to your TPA path and you will be golden.

ok, then...

In OTHER SYSTEMS.. PBX launches RUN.exe (ahk)

RUN.exe :

Process, Close, PinballX.exe

Run C:\Users\Angelo\Desktop\TPAFreeCamMod\TPAFreeCamMod.exe -table %1%
 ~Escape::
  Process, Close, PinballArcade11.exe
  FileRead, xmldata, D:\PinballX\Databases\PBA\PBA.xml ;change to your pinball arcade database
  doc := ComObjCreate("MSXML2.DOMDocument.6.0")
  doc.async := false
  doc.loadXML(xmldata)
  table = //game[@name='%1%']/description
  Node := doc.selectSingleNode(table)
  description:= Node.text
  IniWrite, %description%%1%System_3, D:\Pinballx\Config\PinballX.ini, Internal, lastselected ;change drive letter and         system number, for me its 2 in Other Systems so _2
Run D:\Pinballx\PinballX.exe
ExitAPP
return

----------------
so it calls for TPAFreeCamMod.exe with table name

TPAFCM calls for a file without extension, same as table name..

so if i select ElviraScaredStiff.. it calls for a file named ElviraScareStiff

WITHIN that file is like :
RUN C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\TPAFreeCamMod\TPAFreeCamMod.exe -table ElviraScaredStiff

it's strange to me why once RUN.exe calls for TPAFCM + table name.. it doesn't run that table directly instead

of asking for 1 more file O_o (file named as the table)

beside that, it works randomly

12 hours ago, Anjiro76 said:

ok, then...

In OTHER SYSTEMS.. PBX launches RUN.exe (ahk)

RUN.exe :

Process, Close, PinballX.exe

Run C:\Users\Angelo\Desktop\TPAFreeCamMod\TPAFreeCamMod.exe -table %1%
 ~Escape::
  FileRead, xmldata, D:\PinballX\Databases\PBA\PBA.xml ;change to your pinball arcade database
  doc.loadXML(xmldata)
  IniWrite, %description%%1%System_3, D:\Pinballx\Config\PinballX.ini, Internal, lastselected ;change drive letter and         system number, for me its 2 in Other Systems so _2
Run D:\Pinballx\PinballX.exe
ExitAPP
return

----------------
so it calls for TPAFreeCamMod.exe with table name

TPAFCM calls for a file without extension, same as table name..

so if i select ElviraScaredStiff.. it calls for a file named ElviraScareStiff

WITHIN that file is like :
RUN C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\TPAFreeCamMod\TPAFreeCamMod.exe -table ElviraScaredStiff

it's strange to me why once RUN.exe calls for TPAFCM + table name.. it doesn't run that table directly instead

of asking for 1 more file O_o (file named as the table)

beside that, it works randomly

Ok that should be working. Do this, go to start -> Run 

Now type in C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\TPAFreeCamMod\TPAFreeCamMod.exe -table ElviraScaredStiff 

What happens? Does it launch it as it should? Next try 3 other tables, what's happening are they launching as they should? it's not direct direct it does selection at main TPA screen then table loads then you hit Enter twice to play the table. That's how FCM integration works. 

If you having strange behaviour and the 3-4 tables you are testing above are not working - then I suggest take it to the FCM forums as your issue seems to be FCM and TPA.

If above is working, and your XML contains the table names exactly as in the FCM guide for table names - it should all work. Also note table names are case sensitive.

Just now, mrjadez said:

Ok that should be working. Do this, go to start -> Run 

Now type in C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\TPAFreeCamMod\TPAFreeCamMod.exe -table ElviraScaredStiff 

What happens? Does it launch it as it should? Next try 3 other tables, what's happening are they launching as they should? it's not direct direct it does selection at main TPA screen then table loads then you hit Enter twice to play the table. That's how FCM integration works. 

If you having strange behaviour and they 3-4 tables you are testing above are not working - then I suggest take it to the FCM forums as your issue seems to be FCM and TPA.

If above is working, and your XML contains the table names exactly as in the FCM guide for table names - it should all work. Also note table names are case sensitive.

Sorry you need to go to Start ->Run open command prompt here, and try above from the command prompt. 

One of these days I'll post my detailed setup instructions and what I do to get things to run, but real quick, I would try and change your Run command to including the working directory, something like:

Run, C:\Users\Angelo\Desktop\TPAFreeCamMod\TPAFreeCamMod.exe -table %1%, C:\Users\Angelo\Desktop\TPAFreeCamMod

I had a bunch of issues until I did that.

Here is my script (modified to run PBA either from PinballX or the start menu - hence the check for the table parameter).  The StartPBASupport and EndPBASupport just have commands to rotate the display and start DMDext to mirror the PBA DMD on my third screen and then kill them when done.  Also I have a key mapper running to map a cabinet button to "Q" to start the kill PBA.

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

Process, Close, pinballX.exe

Run StartPBASupport.exe

Run, C:\Games\TPAFreeCamMod\TPAFreeCamMod.exe -table %1%, C:\Games\TPAFreeCamMod

~q::

FileRead, xmldata, C:\PinballX\Databases\Pinball Arcade\Pinball Arcade.xml 
doc.loadXML(xmldata)
IniWrite, %description%%1%System_1, C:\PinballX\Config\PinballX.ini, Internal, lastselected 

Run EndPBASupport.exe

if %1%
  {
  Run C:\PinballX\PinballX.exe
  }

ExitAPP

Return

My StartPBASupport and EndPBASupport scripts:

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.

Run, C:\Games\Display\display.exe /device 1 /rotate 90, C:\Games\Display

Run, C:\Games\DMDExt\dmdext.exe mirror --source=pinballarcade --virtual-position 2370 15 765 310 --virtual-hide-grip --fps=30, C:\Games\DMDExt

PostMessage, 0x112, 0xF060, , , ahk_exe dmdext.exe

Run, C:\Games\Display\display.exe /device 1 /rotate 0, C:\Games\Display

All .exes in the mix set to Run as Administrator.  Hope this helps.  Let me know if you need something more detailed.  I'm finally happy and got everything work with PBA, PBFX2, VP (multiple versions).  What took a while was setting up all the PBA cameras but finally got that done last weekend.

Been working on this and everything seems to work except the Steam message that people keep having problems with. I've tried running everything as administrator and it doesn't help. Is there anything left to try with that? Is there a different way to launch that doesn't produce the Steam pop up? I've tried launching from both FCM and AHK and same thing happens. Ugh.

ok, this is a cry for help.

I have no problem coding the AHK script etc.

However I cannot get FCM and TPA to work together to launch a specific table even from command line. It gets to the 'Press any key' screen, and then the main menu but always selects 'AttackFromMars'.

so from the Command line

D:\PinballArcade\TPAFreeCamMod\RunTPA.exe -table Gorgar

The mod runs, finds the Pinball Arcade DX11 process and states it has applied the overlay

Press Enter:

it the goes to the main menu and selects AFM.

If I wrapper in a compiled AHK, a msgbox does have the correct 'Gorgar' parameter passed in .

What am I missing? Bad syntax somewhere? Does TPAFreeCamMod need to be in a specific Pinball Arcade directory?

Many Thanks

Folorin, can you get things working 'manually' by opening up a command prompt as administrator, navigating to the FCM folder and just launching FCM by typing something like: "TPAFreeCamMod.exe -table Gorgar"?  So totally bypassing any AHK script to see if at least FCM is working.

And to state the obvious, I assume you have the FCM settings all set up correct - it seems like you do if your script can actually launch FCM/TPA.

Another Mr. Obvious: are you sure that it isn't running Gorgar?  I posted in the TPA forums about a 'problem' where you hear the audio of the last, most recently played, manually selected table even though the actual table that comes up is the one that followed the -table parameter.  I'm sure not, but just thought I mention.

Maybe post your RunTPA script for people to review.

Hi thanks for the reply.

From a command prompt I get the same thing running fcm direct. I'm taking a step back and ignoring ahk at the moment until I can get it working from the command prompt.

Gets to the menu of tpa. Hit enter and its always attack from mars :-(

Its not running in the background separately either.