All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Retro News Round Up

tthurman

Damn, you hooked me for 4 hours! That video let to another...and another...and another...

...and another...

...Until finally I came across this:

Man, I'm really thinking of getting an everdrive 64, NES and Genesis...lol. Another video has me drooling for a Professional Video monitor too...Then there is a video input processor to handle the up-scaling to better reproduce the video on my HDTV. I never knew scan lines and pixels could look so...um...Delicious? Yup, that's the right adjective. Here are a few more poignant words.. crap...Crap...CRAP! Dammit @tthurman look at what you've done. I have too many projects as it is!

• 2 weeks later...

If you decide to go with the EverDrive Felix you will absolutely love it. Emulation is great and all(and it is) but there's nothing like the real hardware.

I emulate simply because I don't have a lot of space in this house for a collection. I DO have space near the TV for some consoles with one multicart inside each with every game. No room issues and you get to play on the actual hardware. I have Mario Party parties again. :)

I have EverDrives for my NES, SNES, N64 and GBA. I have a PS2 with a McBoot hard drive installed. I'm saving up for the Genesis EverDrive next. I'm also working on getting a Harmony cartridge for my Atari 2600.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

@ClassicGMR - Do you know the max drive capacity for the PS2?  I have one in mine using this McBoot method, but I only have room for like 4 games. 

Sorry for derailing the thread.  :)

I think 1TB is probably the max. I put a 500GB in mine using the network adaptor a number of years back after coming across a page with a PS2 Compatibility Chart. Check this search HERE. Searching for 1000 as the size will show the 1TB. I didn't find any larger, but the site doesn't sort that great.

• Like 1

I bought it already installed. While I don't know if it is - or ever was - true I do remember reading that the drives apparently had to be specific models when I was looking for one.

I opened mine up and it has a Seagate Barracuda ST3250823A 250GB 7200 RPM drive. This drive holds quite a bit.

EDIT: Here we go. I thought there was a list someplace. Just sort it by date added. Looks like they can take 1TB drives so good call RedDog. :) I imagine 1TB IDE drives are hard to come by or you'll need adapters/modified adapter for SATA drives.

EDIT #2: I am SUCH an idiot. That's the same link you had RedDog! I should have clicked it!! Stupid me. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...