All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Is there a cache for Mame / How do you reset GameEx's asset files for Mame?

RedDog

Trying to help @zeck73 here with a snapshot issue and I am unfamiliar with how GameEx handles asset information for Mame (such as cache files). It appears that if there is a cache, it may not be in the GameEx folders. So, is there a way to reset the 'mame cache' in the same way as other emulators?

I did some peaking aorund the forums, but did not come across an article that shed some light.

Thanks.

Graphics.

The issue he is having is that certain snaps are not appearing when he moves through the lists. We've eliminated simple causes such as missing files and filename mismatches. Thinking now that 'clearing the cache' might be worthwhile. He has already removed the GameEx directory and reinstalled.

You could rename the snap folder or move it temporarily. Then download the MAME System Pack that Tom put on the FTP. It has media in it and it's been working excellent for me.

Then put the new system pack snap folder where the old one was. Might be worth a shot.

Is he running MAME through the main MAME GameEx piece or as an emulator?

4 hours ago, MNMax21 said:

You could rename the snap folder or move it temporarily. Then download the MAME System Pack that Tom put on the FTP. It has media in it and it's been working excellent for me.

Then put the new system pack snap folder where the old one was. Might be worth a shot.

Is he running MAME through the main MAME GameEx piece or as an emulator?

Hes running a theme that uses both the snap and image2 files. In some cases one or both do not appear. I think we ruled out the graphics files for one rom, but just yesterday I asked him to upload the graphics he has for one game so I could see an example. The Mame System Pack is really nice in that you can get everything from one place, but it can take some time to grab...will keep it as an alternative I think.

He's using the integrated Mame.

Also, feel free to make these suggestions in the thread he started. Members helping members is what makes this a nice community to hang around in.  :)