All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PBX Recorder Future Pinball - Help Please?

Koplings

Hi there - I could use some help with this.  Im trying to get video capture running for future pinball with limited success.  I have had it running fine for Visual Pinballl for some time now.

I am hoping I am pretty close.  It seems to be capturing the backglass fine but instead of the playfield it looks like a smaller version off the backglass upside down instead of the playfield

Playfield (not ok)

playfield.png

Hope someone can help me - I did notice that when I unzipped the cofig zip into the obs folder there seemed to be some folder repetition before I got to the actual files but I tried to follow the instructions exactly.  If someone could share their tree structure for the config. file that might help?

Backglass (ok)

backglass.png

Tree:

obs-studio\config\obs-studio\basic etc.

If you have to do it, you may need to set your capture configuration for playfield manually

open up a command line

change directory to the folder containing your obs-studio executable

run the command:

obs64 --portable --collection playfield --profile playfield --screen playfield

Confirm that the preview screen is actually displaying your playfield display. If not, click the icon for Display Capture and change the screen to the one that you use for your playfield.

Hey thanks for everything!  i'm almost at the finish line thanks to your help....

1) i've attached my FP setting below.  you'll see that I have all my tables set to widescreen.  this seems to result in me capturing a black screen video instead of the actual playfield.  I find if I change the aspect ratio to 4:3 I can then capture a playfield video, but of course now my table orientation is all screwed up.  Do I now have to go back and change every table orientation to 4:3 or can I leave it at widescreen and somehow adjust something in the OBS or screen video capture utility to make things work?  id obviously like to do one of the latter than go back and fool around with all my tablesFP Settings.PNG.....(btw im running through BAM)

2)  silly question but how do I get rid of the file type (flv) watermark that seems to be at the side of the playfield video - something I turn off in OBS?

thanks again for everything..

1. I don't know. For me and others, OBS Studio captures OpenGL which is what the FP Player uses for rendering. I don't think by itself that it will make any difference but I disable Arcade Mode in the FP Video/Rendering Options dialog and use BAM Arcade mode. Also, I disable Use Texture Compression and disable Processor Affinity. Again, that probably won't help.

I'd double check that your playfield profile is set to capture the correct screen and that it also set to the correct resolution, presumably 1920x1080. This is a good step-by-step tutorial:

2. I think it is just your media player adding the file name. If you are using LAV Filters (linked in the pinballx.com home page) then that will not show up in PinballX. 

So i've tried and read everything and I have a bit of success but not much.  I'm hoping one last message might tweak something that you recall otherwise i've just about given up....ive tried for hours and hours o:(

Here's what I know:

- Both playfield and backglass set to 1920*1080 in FP settings and OBS.  Checked and OBS seems to be capturing the correct screens

-  can capture backglass video but not playfields video (black video) at 1920*1080, HOWEVER

a) after trying all the FP PF resolution settings,  if I set the playfield to 1768 *992 I can capture a decent playfield video and the video is fine however there is about an inch or so of black space around the playfield between the edge of the playfield and the edge of the tv during gameplay and in the video since it obviously isn't the right resolution.  I have no idea why only 1768*992 works but its not very useful as it looks terrible (at least I know now that OSB can capture something in my setup)....

b)I noticed in the log file the log registers 3840*1080 for the backglass and 1920*1080 for the playfield.  I have no idea where the backglass number is coming from as i've checked the screen resolutions via left click on my desktop and they are both set at 1920*1080.

one last hail mary here I guess... boy this is frustrating o:)

yes everything is running as administrator.  unfortunately that's not it...o:(

it must have something to do with the display settings.  I noticed that if  I try it on FP outside of BAM and use windowed mode I can capture a video - just not full screen in 1920*1080 which is a bummer.  ill keep fiddling but ive just about run out of ideas

ok thanks - ive been fooling around with my monitor orientation all afternoon and I think i'm on to something.......if I force the playfield onto both the playfield monitor and the backglass monitor via FP video/rendering options I seem to bee  able to capture full screen videos of the playfield in both the backglass and monitor folders. 

That suggests to me there must be something wrong with my monitor preferences/orientations that is screwing things up when I try to do a combination of fthe playfield and backglass.

Could you do a big favour and take four screen shots for me:

1) screenshot of what your monitor 1 orientation looks like when you right click screen resolution on your desktop

2) screenshot of what your monitor 2 orientation looks like when you right click screen resolution on your desktop

(I don't have a third monitor as i'm using a pindmd3 for the DMD)

3) screen shot of your FP video/rendering options for the playfield

4) screen shot of your FP video/rendering options  for the backglass

I am thinking if I just try and copy your setup I might be able to finally fix this. 

At least now I know my worst case scenario is 1) run it and capture all the backglass videos then 2) run it again with the playfield forced into the backglass monitor to capture the playfield videos - a bit inefficient but if I cant figure it out at least I know that works

sorry to waste your time but I didn't want you to have to start scripting if I think I can find the culprit via copying your settings (I bet it has something to do with 1) and 2)...thanks again...

Well, just copying my set up is another complication. I run the playfield using downsampling. Maybe look at this and use 1920x1080 instead of 3325x1871. 

What's supposed to happen is that the script reads the playfield and backglass parameters from the registry and overwrites the OBS Studio conflg files. Administrator provides access to read and write to the config files. Although when setting up for the first time it is a good idea to run OBS Studio as portable from the command line and check through the settings. Be sure that it is set to Display Capture and not Game Capture.

If all of that has been done and OBS Studio is still just capturing a blank screen then maybe the drivers for your video card require an update. 

I can only test the script on my cab, and it works pretty well. 

Win 10, NVidia GTX 660, latest drivers

Playfield.png

BG.png

PlayfieldFP.png

BGFP.png

ok thanks for all your help - ill try it in a few days.  cabinet is currently chugging through creating about 800 backglasses then ill switch to creating about 800 playfields separately.  by my estimate it should take 3 days or so.....once i'm done that ill revisit this and try to get it working properly on a go forward basis once and for all.  thanks again for all your help.  I just got so frustrated I just wanted to see progress even if its a "brute force" approach.

weird that my setup looks identical other than its *1980*1080 plus the pin dmd3.....