All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How to troubleshoot d3d error

thiago capalbo

Hello friends, how are you? How are you!?

I wonder if anyone can tell me what may be going on with my pinballx because he is making a mistake while choosing a table to play.

The error only happens with the visual pinball and pinball FX2.

Strange that when I run directly through the emulators I do not have this problem because they work normal.

Already the future pinball with pinballx is working normally.

Can someone tell me or assist in what may be happening?  

I already installed and reinstalled the drivers for the video card, DirectX, and also updated the pinballx and even the emulators several times in the problem still persists.

I think it's something with a video card, but I do not know what it really is.

Computer configuration problem I do not think this is because I have a good configuration on my computer.

I'm using Windows 10.

The errors are as follows:

PINBALLX + VISUAL PINBALL

“Fatal Error: HRESULT 88760868 at Render Device.cpp:284”

PINBALLX + PINBALL FX2

“Cannot Create D3D

Adapter: 0, Devtype: 1
Driver: nvd3dum.dll
Description: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070
Vendorld:000010de
Deviceld: 00001b81
Subsysld: 61713842
Revision: 000000a1
Size: 1920×1080, Window: 001405c2 DisplayMode: 1 PresentationInterval: 1

HW:88760868 D3DERR_DEVICELOST Device Lost
SW: 88760868 D3DERR_DEVICELOST Device Lost”

If someone can help me I will thank you immensely since I have been trying to solve for days and I have not been able to do it until now.

Thank you all and have a great day!

error vp.JPG

error fx2.jpg

Check in the nVidia control panel and make sure the 1070 is assigned to FX2. Even if it shows assigned, reassign it again.

This happens when WIndoze 10 grabs a generic video driver to the card.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hlr53 said:

Check in the nVidia control panel and make sure the 1070 is assigned to FX2. Even if it shows assigned, reassign it again.

This happens when WIndoze 10 grabs a generic video driver to the card.

Many thanks for your return, my friend! I do not even know how to thank you for your contact!

Its orientation was very good, but possibly I'm still doing something wrong that FX2 is still not working.

I joined the NVIDIA panel and added the FX2 and VISUAL PINBALL and did the Pinballx tests.

It happens that PINBALLX + FX2 worked the first time but with bug and the table was very slow.

On second and further attempts he returned to the same D3D error and could no longer open the table. Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu

The visual pinball I managed to open the table. =)

In the NVIDIA panel I found it strange because in the pinball fx2 I can not remove it, just add on top of the same .exe file.

The other executable files I can add and remove normally.

I think it's some small detail that's missing to run fx2 with pinballx, but I think I'm on the right track.

Can you tell me what it can be?

If you know anything else, any information will be very useful to me.

Thank you for helping me. If it was not for your information I would not know what I was going to do. I just have to thank you! I wish you a great day!