All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Model 2 Roms don't show up

ingegas

Why do not GameEx show my Sega Model 2 games in the game list,
I have my roms in the c:\MAME64\Roms folder?
Model2 Directory is set to C:\Model2 in GameEx, Model2 emulation
works great outside of GameEx frontend.
MAME emulator and roms works without problems.

Thanks for the help..
/Jonas

Hi Jonas,

Welcome to the forums.

I looked over my setup and found that at least some of the games that use the Model2 emulator are being displayed in the Mame list (I did not take the time to hunt them all down). I also activated the option to show the Sega Model 2 Games sublist in the Mame section and 30+ games were displayed there. I am running the latest GameEx and Mame 161.

I suggest rechecking your Mame settings regarding rom visibility and then retrigger GameEx to build the list fresh. Then, check to see if some or all of the model2 games are not being displayed. If this does not resolve the problem, please post your GameEx.ini and log.txt file.

Also, please specify if you are trying to use the Sega Model 2 Games sublist, the All MAME Games sublist, or both.

Even though the model2 emulator is configured to RUN the game, I believe that the list validattion is based on your Mame. If there are version mismatches between the rom and mame, the rom could be excluded from the list. Of course, you could always add the games back in as an exception under the Don't Filter These Roms parameter.

Well, that's one way to fix things up!   ...but a clean setup to start from isn't so bad either....

As for Daytona USA, if you have HideOS turned on, you may want to turn it off and give it another run. Maybe you will see something that will help. If you have not checked the log.txt file in GameEx/LOG after an attempt, that may also give some insight. You could also post the your GameEx.ini and the log.txt and we can give it a look over.