All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Rocketlauncher mame Gamex config

mark2

Im trying to setup rocketlauncher with gameex just for the mame bezel support. There is a tutorial on the forums but it seems to be outdated now that AdvanceMame is no longer inthe setup wizard for gameex. Can someone please share your mame rocketlauncher config please.

That's probably my bad. I removed the settings from the setup wizard because AdvanceMAME is dead now and has been some time. The settings are still functional just not in the GUI with the setup wizard. You will need to mess with gameex.ini unless someone wanted to make a tool to set it up as I had guessed that's what RocketLauncher would do.

Will Rocketlauncer use different bezel than what MAME does on its own through the zipped artwork files?

I've always just used the bezel zipped artwork files from emumovies and placed them in the artwork file with the scan lines stuff. It seems to work great with MAME if you just make sure to map the artwork file correctly in MAME.ini. It defaults to artwork in the MAME directory file. I also like that I can turn off the keep aspect ratio piece and it fills my entire LCD TV in my arcade with the game play screen and bezel. I just wish I would've known it did that prior to my cabinet build. I would've gone with a bigger tv and just used the bezels for each game.... that was a bummer.