All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Zaccaria Pinball launcher and media generator

Carny_Priest

Thanks Carny. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't looking at the wrong file. I got the launcher to open now. Working on getting it to launch from pinballx. Thanks for your help. I get zaccaria to launch just won't open the specific table at the moment. Getting pretty close here.

I have had no luck getting direct table launch to work either outside of PinballX or from launching directly.      The XML file is correct it just seems to ignore it on startup.   I just added Pro Pinball Ultra to my cabinet and got the DMDExt working with it so I'll be jumping back to Zaccaria again too shortly.

Hey GAH1068 what do your settings look like? I've tried different variations and still can't get an individual table to launch - the tables function inside of the zaccaria app for me however. What can you tell me about Pro Pinball Ultra? Is it worth adding in your opinion? 

image.thumb.png.3ac0debc31755b96f77d21492c976115.png

• 2 weeks later...

I want to get this working as well, within Hyperpin, but my first thought is to get to work launching a single table.  I plan on trying this coming week.  If you have any updated scripts or mods you believe I need to start with, please let me know.  Not looking to re-invent the wheel ...

THanks

On 6/4/2018 at 7:08 AM, stumblor said:

Hey all - currently getting as far Hawkeyeez88, with Zaccaria launching from within PinballX but no table auto-load. Any help would be much appreciated!

Yeah I haven't been able to get much further with this one yet either. Definitely learning a lot from others and things to try though from the posts. I feel like with Zaccaria and getting the new pinball arcade to work out of pinballx would be an amazing addition to titles in my pinball cab - not to mention the addition of the tables!!

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2018 at 9:06 AM, hawkeyez88 said:

I'm in conversation with Zaccaria on Facebook on this topic, well at least a direct table launch topic - not sure how far that will get us but at least they're conversing!

Here's what they said for anyone still following this.

Zaccaria Pinball Thanks John for going into that detail. 
There are some other requests by cabinet players at the moment that we saw and have noted but for the time being there are not many cabinets upgrades coming, the reason for that is that the cabinet players are only a small percentage of our player base.
But this does not mean we will never add it, it is just that we focus currently on the following goals:

- Releasing Nintendo Switch
- Releasing all tables on Steam from the ZP collection and getting out of early access.
- Improving VR for Steam and also make it work better with Rift
- Releasing mobile version in 2018

• 4 weeks later...

PLEASE CAN YOU POST THE EXACT FILE ZACCARIALAUNCH.EXE WITHOUT YOUR SPECIFIC SETTINGS? i have a normal desktop configuration without need to rotate screen and without 4K resolution. i m not able to compile after and before file but i think that they are not necessary for standard configuration! if you post a simple tablelauncher file everybody will be gratefull! i launch the main menu but i m not success in auto launching the selected table i have try to eliminate from file any reference to your configuration but i fail in something! please post a exact table  launcher tankyou! for me is indifferent to play in arcade or simulation mode.

5 hours ago, ilveropaolone said:

PLEASE CAN YOU POST THE EXACT FILE ZACCARIALAUNCH.EXE WITHOUT YOUR SPECIFIC SETTINGS? i have a normal desktop configuration without need to rotate screen and without 4K resolution. i m not able to compile after and before file but i think that they are not necessary for standard configuration! if you post a simple tablelauncher file everybody will be gratefull! i launch the main menu but i m not success in auto launching the selected table i have try to eliminate from file any reference to your configuration but i fail in something! please post a exact table  launcher tankyou! for me is indifferent to play in arcade or simulation mode.

i fear that it was necessary to set camera default views  in particular way. actually it does not work. can you explain the exact settings? i have also sobstitute  settings.xml in zaccariapinbal folder  document but everytime it return to the original settings! where i fault?

I started working on this again. I'm getting further with the script - getting an error with dc2.exe  unable to find or read from file - other weird part is when I have it enabled in pbx it doesn't seem to be adding the table names from the xml. Not sure who else is interested in this still, just thought I would play with it some more.

The compiled script will need to have read/write access to the Zaccaria settings.xml file in order to fool the application to automatically open the last table played. The script is just swapping out the last table played to the table that you want to launch. The executable must be enabled to run as administrator so that it can write to and save the settings file.

17 minutes ago, Carny_Priest said:

The compiled script will need to have read/write access to the Zaccaria settings.xml file in order to fool the application to automatically open the last table played. The script is just swapping out the last table played to the table that you want to launch. The executable must be enabled to run as administrator so that it can write to and save the settings file.

I have the launchzaccaria exe set to run as admin as well as the dc2 application. Thanks Carny!

7 hours ago, hawkeyez88 said:

I'll check as soon as I get home - I'm going to feel pretty dumb if that's what I missed. :blink:

System is enabled in configuration settings. Shows in game manager like it loads the xml and all tables have enabled checked, open pinballx, table count hasn't changed and I don't see the added Zaccaria tables.

[SETTINGS].log

6 minutes ago, ilveropaolone said:

what is dc2.exe? is strictly necessary to launch it? and if yes where i can found it?

i disabled the line with dc2.exe before and after but it launch again the program on the main menu! i pray to you to supply a working file, without any additional program. i have configured zaccarialaunch as administrators and i unchekd read only in the settings.xml in documents Zaccaria_Pinbal documents directory but it stops to main menu  and it dont launch any table!

On 8/25/2018 at 8:01 AM, ilveropaolone said:

i disabled the line with dc2.exe before and after but it launch again the program on the main menu! i pray to you to supply a working file, without any additional program. i have configured zaccarialaunch as administrators and i unchekd read only in the settings.xml in documents Zaccaria_Pinbal documents directory but it stops to main menu  and it dont launch any table!

It's a display program - depending on how your cab is setup you'll need it to change the orientation. Every cab is different and everyone's setup is different - what you're asking for is nearly impossible.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 11:16 AM, Carny_Priest said:

System enabled in PinballX configuration settings?

Hello,

I was taking a look to this with the Zaccaria Pinball lastest version and I found a little problem that needs a workaround from the AHK script (dont know how to code a fix)

The problem is when you choose a SS or EM table, the game has a menu selector that filters those tables in two groups, digging a bit in the settings.xml file I found this:

<item name="menu_table_cont" value="0"/> for SS table

<item name="menu_table_cont" value="1"/> for EM table

If the script is able to change that value according to the table you choose (SS or EM) it the table will launch directly fine, could you fix it, Carny_Priest?

Thanks

PD: I updated the database to the lastest version, it adds three more tables :)

Zaccaria Pinball.xml