All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Karaoke File Organization and Naming Conventions

RedDog

So, my girl recently told me that if we just happened to have Karaoke on our media box in the livingroom, it would be SO awesome...so, I guess I am figuring out the world of karaoke...

The very first thing I am unsure of is if it matters how I organize the music and cdg files. I have a small sampling of files to start experimenting now, but before the collection grows, I would like to figure out organization. Should I worry about folders for artists, albums, genres, etc? I will be starting out using the GameEx karaoke functionality, but if I do come across a more feature-rich karaoke program for a good price, I may switch over to it.

The second question is about naming conventions. I have seen some sites that say to be consistant with file naming. One suggested "DiscID-SongNumber - Song Title - Artist Name". Is there a 'best' naming convention to go with?

Also, if anyone has a suggestion on a good affordable or free karaoke song management program, I would be interested.

Hey Redog,

Been using GameEx for several years now for Karaoke parties. Do a search for Karaoke Song List Creator. You can download the latest version for free.It will not only show you the proper ways to organize your files but help catalog your files for searching etc. You will find that there are multiple companies with the same songs. You will learn thru use who makes the better files. As you build your sets, you can pick an choose what to put into GameEx. I use the same structure as Karaoke Song List Creator for GameEx.

Have fun