All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GAMEEX CRASH WHEN BROWSING FAST WITH VIDEO SNAPS

Dansmell

I did have it installed and completely uninstalled the card, deleted drivers, ran regcleaner and then did minimal install but that didnt work

Some time later I did a full PC reinstall and only did the minimal install to start with but still no joy.

Also just crashed again, this time very quickly, I didnt even press anything, A video thumnail was playing for the last played game and 

no errors in the log.

This is very puzzling 

Hello Dansmell, I have the same problem in my installation of GameEx and just as you also have an AMD card.

You can see my problem here.

Please, can you do a little test?

Disable your internet connection and then try to enter GameEx and navigate through some emulator and tell me if the crash occurs.

Thanks in advance.

11 hours ago, Evilforces said:

Hello Dansmell, I have the same problem in my installation of GameEx and just as you also have an AMD card.

You can see my problem here.

Please, can you do a little test?

Disable your internet connection and then try to enter GameEx and navigate through some emulator and tell me if the crash occurs.

Thanks in advance.

Just read your comment and got all excited thinking you have found a solution, Just tried it but after about 35 seconds random crash,

I think this could be hardware related, some kind of conflict I  dont know only guessing , My computer seems to function completely normal , only Gameex is crashing all the time.

Hello Dansmell, I know you feel frustrated. I have been with the same problem for a long time and with the same symptoms as you. My PC is new and I have just installed GameEx and emulators, no other program. Everything works perfect except that GameEx crash randomly. In my case I have verified that disabling my internet connection does not produce crashes. As you can see in my post, I have tried countless things, but it has not served me at all for the moment. Today I installed the latest version of the AMD drivers, but it continues crashing. I have tried different codecs, no results. It's really frustrating. I will continue to research and test to see if I can find something that will solve it definitively. What seems clear is that this is something that only happens with AMD cards and processors.

3 hours ago, MNMax21 said:

Sounds like a return and purchase of a Nvidia GEForce to me....

Thats a bit overkill because of one piece of software, I purchased the RX 480 4gb as it seemed to be the most powerfull graphics card that I could afford on my budget and It is best graphics card I have bought to date,  Amazing performance gaming and emulation, 

When I decide to build my arcade cabinet, I think I will go Nvidia.

14 hours ago, Evilforces said:

Hello Dansmell, I know you feel frustrated. I have been with the same problem for a long time and with the same symptoms as you. My PC is new and I have just installed GameEx and emulators, no other program. Everything works perfect except that GameEx crash randomly. In my case I have verified that disabling my internet connection does not produce crashes. As you can see in my post, I have tried countless things, but it has not served me at all for the moment. Today I installed the latest version of the AMD drivers, but it continues crashing. I have tried different codecs, no results. It's really frustrating. I will continue to research and test to see if I can find something that will solve it definitively. What seems clear is that this is something that only happens with AMD cards and processors.

I have another look at the internet, but it was turn off ill mess about some more and see what I can see, Glad you have found a workaround.

On 20/01/2017 at 5:07 PM, tthurman said:

It is for sure. 

Perhaps this is worth a shot.

Just tried that, did a full uninstall and then basic reinstall still no joy.

Just crashed again and the only strange bit in the log is 

21 Consecutive Exceptions Occured
12:23:41.1  22/01/2017:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
12:23:41.1  22/01/2017:     at Direct2D.Direct2d.Surface.Draw(RectangleF DesRect, Rectangle SrcRect, Byte Alpha, Byte Red, Byte Green, Byte Blue, Double Rotation, Boolean rotate)
12:23:41.1  22/01/2017:     at Direct2D.Direct2d.Surface.Draw(RectangleF DesRect, Rectangle SrcRect, Byte Alpha)
12:23:41.1  22/01/2017:     at Direct2D.Direct2d.Surface.Draw(RectangleF DesRect, RectangleF SrcRect, Byte Alpha)
12:23:41.1  22/01/2017:     at GameEx.GameEx.MainForm.b(Boolean A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Boolean A_3)
12:23:41.2  22/01/2017:     at GameEx.GameEx.MainForm.d3()
12:23:41.2  22/01/2017:  Trying reinitialising the display after sleeping for 4 seconds
12:23:41.2  22/01/2017:  Exception count will be dropped to 15
12:23:57.6  22/01/2017:  Loading News Feed: http://gameinfo.hfc-essentials.com/hiscore/HiScore.rss

:(

21:43:28.6  07/11/2016:  Loading News Feed: http://www.gameex.net/gameexnews.xml
21:43:29.8  07/11/2016:  --**--
21:43:29.8  07/11/2016:  Error: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
21:43:29.8  07/11/2016:     en Direct2D.Direct2d.Surface..ctor(Bitmap Image, SurfaceDescription Description, Device Device)
21:43:29.8  07/11/2016:     en GameEx.GameEx.MainForm.a(Graphics& A_0, String A_1, Image& A_2, Bitmap& A_3, Surface& A_4)
21:43:29.8  07/11/2016:     en GameEx.GameEx.MainForm.cb()
21:43:29.8  07/11/2016:     en GameEx.GameEx.MainForm.a(Boolean A_0, String A_1, Boolean A_2)
21:43:29.8  07/11/2016:     en GameEx.GameEx.MainForm..ctor()
21:43:29.8  07/11/2016:  Closing database connection
21:43:29.9  07/11/2016:  Disposing Plugins
21:43:29.9  07/11/2016:  GameEx is exiting with errors
21:43:29.9  07/11/2016:  Deleting search cache
21:43:29.9  07/11/2016:  ERRORS DETECTED: EXITING
21:43:29.9  07/11/2016:  Bye

This is what I see in my background log that seems error.

Thankyou all for your input,

But having being unable to rectify this problem I had no alternative but to change frontend,

I currently have 6 emulators setup with console intro vids as well as game vids and its working perfectly on the new frontend ,

Goodbye all. 

I'm sorry to hear that Dansmell ...

I understand perfectly your problem and your decision to change frontend. As you know, I have the same problem as you for several months, but I always try to touch or change some parameter to see if I can finally solve it or find the error that is causing it.

I have not had any luck at the moment, but I think I'll make it one day.

I would also change frontend if I did not solve the problem, the problem for me is that today there is no frontend that gives me everything that GameEx gives me.

You may not be spend much time in this community, but I can assure you that these people who speak at the forum are very willing to help others with their problems and always try to give their best. It is often difficult to find the cause of the problem when it only happens on a few occasions as in our case, but I am sure that sooner or later it will be solved.

If you ever decide to come back, I'm sure there will be people waiting for you to help enjoy your games.

Greetings.

2 minutes ago, Evilforces said:

I'm sorry to hear that Dansmell ...

I understand perfectly your problem and your decision to change frontend. As you know, I have the same problem as you for several months, but I always try to touch or change some parameter to see if I can finally solve it or find the error that is causing it.

I have not had any luck at the moment, but I think I'll make it one day.

I would also change frontend if I did not solve the problem, the problem for me is that today there is no frontend that gives me everything that GameEx gives me.

You may not be spend much time in this community, but I can assure you that these people who speak at the forum are very willing to help others with their problems and always try to give their best. It is often difficult to find the cause of the problem when it only happens on a few occasions as in our case, but I am sure that sooner or later it will be solved.

If you ever decide to come back, I'm sure there will be people waiting for you to help enjoy your games.

Greetings.

Thankyou for your kind words,

I still have GameEx installed and the paths are still the same so I can pop back anytime,

I was reluctant to change as most other frontends are no where near as good as GameEx, But I have found one which is very good, very slick interface and is extremely easy to setup.

I will still keep an eye out on this forum to see If anything pops up.

Cheers 

As Evilforces has already mentioned; occasionally, for whatever reason a problem pops up that nobody can seemingly diagnose.  It's unfortunate that this has happened to you, but I understand there is only so many things you can try before frustration gets the best of you, and causes you to look elsewhere.  Evilforces has persevered dealing with this for quite some time, so he knows all to well how frustrating it can be.  At this point I can't help but wonder if it isn't some type of hardware conflict, as the one common denominator I seem to have noticed (unless I've missed something) is chip-sets that support AMD's APU.

Good luck, and don't be a stranger just because your running another frontend!

• Like 1

On 20/01/2017 at 8:37 AM, Dansmell said:

Thanks everyone for your input,

I think my build can handle the video snaps, 8 core AMD and an RX480 4gb graphics card and i bought some more memory the other day so I have 16gb.

It most certainly can! Without any doubt your specs are good, this is a point i've been trying to make for a long time. And no matter how much i explain, people are just not getting it!

GameEx will compensate for low spec hardware and drives, there are options to make use of best hardware and drives, but there is no excuse to claim anything inbetween. There are pretty much all options for all situations.

Either people need to ask for more help, or people need to be more willing to offer it.

I just got a new SSD hard drive. I did not do a mirror, because I wanted to start fresh. I finally got everything done and I was running GameEx Arcade Edition. It was working great, but then ended up freezing and closing on me during videos a few times. I quickly realized I had not installed Codecs. I then installed Codecs and it worked great.

Have you tried installing the Codecs from the MAME system pack? I am not sure where that version of Codecs is on the internet. I just know that the one in the MAME system pack install worked fantastic for me. The MAME system pack is available on the FTP

I know you had said earlier that you installed Codecs I believe. Not sure if there are different versions out there or not.

On 1/17/2017 at 3:32 PM, Draco1962 said:

Instead of copying and pasting your support files, can you please attach the files in subsequent replies? They make for a lot of sore thumbs and confusion when trying to view on a smart phone. We will need to see both your gameex.ini and log.txt files.

Also, you will want to make sure you are running the LAV video filters found here.

These are the preferred codecs.

@Dansmell @Evilforces

I just came across this in another thread and thought I'd post it here.  It may or may not be of assistance.  I hope you guys get it figured out.  The setting below will default to no, but you may want to give it a look.  I figured it'd be worth posting at least.  Good luck.

21 hours ago, jukker said:

In the meantime i have tried several other frontends on this hardware and none of them had such problems.

Hardware, drivers, codecs, ... cannot be the problem, it must be something with GameEx.

So i decided to concentrate on various settings in GameEx and finally found a single setting, which is reproducable responsible for this problem:

If "Seek Preview Videos" under "Tweaks / Performance" is set to No, everything is fine.

• Like 1