All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Game ex crashes on startup

coppermouse

So I set up mame and it works, installed game ex and when I run it I get a windows error the program has stopped working (check online for solution ...)

problem event name CLR20r3

problem signature gameex.exe

Running Windows 7 pro 64 bit. Core duo 4G RAM

I did get the program to work on my work computer correctly

Installed .net framework 3.5 problem still persists 

escription:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    gameex.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    585d62ce
  Problem Signature 04:    GameEx
  Problem Signature 05:    1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    585d62ce
  Problem Signature 07:    1050
  Problem Signature 08:    79b
  Problem Signature 09:    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

@coppermouse, your log.txt indicates that you are running GameEx Arcade Edition. Do you happen to also have the standard GameEx installed?

GameEx Arcade Edition is a newly-released version that is essentially pre-configured for arcade cabinets. Recently it was found that GameEx Arcade Edition may not work properly as a stand alone application. The standard GameEx may also need to be installed along with it. If you do not have the standard version installed, please do so and see if that fixes the issue.

Note that Tom (the main dev) is aware of the issue and there is no doubt that a fix for this will be released in the not too distant future.

Side note: Your log also indicated that yoou are running Windows 10, but your first post says you are running Windows 7. If the above info does not help with the issue, please reconfirm that log.txt and GameEx.ini you posted was for the machine with the issue. Thanks.

• Like 1

This is the first time I have seen the log.txt record the wrong version of Windows (and I have looked at fair number of logs from people). Once we figure this thing out and GameEx is able to start without a crash, if you could post another log.txt file for me that would be great (if we remember). Maybe the crash is fouling things up.

@coppermouse And tthurman has a good point of clarification. You may have to install GameEx and then install GameEx Arcade Edition. Don't worry about removing the current installation. You can install GameEx Arcade Edition over the existing install.

• Like 1