All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

We lost a good one Sunday

Kustom Kid

The owner of my favorite arcade/oddity museum died on Sunday. Marvelous Marvin was the nicest guy you could ever hope to meet. He always had a smile and a kind word. The last time I saw him he gave my boy a bag of popcorn for free just because that's the kind of guy he was. He had a fantastic collection of coin-op stuff, and all kinds of other weirdness. The best part was you could play with everything. The ticket games were loose and, unless you really really sucked, you could walk out of there with a decent haul of candy and assorted little toys. They also have a fair amount of pinball machines, classic arcade games, and some newer games as well. Rest in Peace , good sir.

If you find yourself in the metro Detroit area I highly suggest you block off a few hours to check the museum out.

Here's a link to the story from the local NBC affiliate.

I would never had known of this had this hobby not sucked me in, and people like you chosen to share it with us.  Perhaps it was you that first brought the existence of this to my attention.

From everything I've read, he brought not only an experience like no other, but also a lot of joy to people.  My he rest in peace!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tthurman said:

I would never had known of this had this hobby not sucked me in, and people like you chosen to share it with us.  Perhaps it was you that first brought the existence of this to my attention.

From everything I've read, he brought not only an experience like no other, but also a lot of joy to people.  My he rest in peace!

Thanks tthurman. I might have directed you to the website at some point. I know I've posted about MMMM a few times on here. He did bring a lot of joy. Dude was a gem. My first time there he showed me his tooth that he had tattooed. He was quick to give out quarters so you could check out a new machine he got in, and he would tell you all about it if you showed interest. It wasn't about making money it was about sharing his passion, and collection, and making people happy doing it.

That second video was awesome. You really get a feel for the museum aspect. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1