All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I hurt myself today

tthurman

Ohhhh I got chills watching that trailer. 

I tried watching X-Men Apocalypse today and I couldn't do it. What a steaming pile of turd. One of the three original X-Men movies sucked too. If we go by the numbers this movie should be good because we've already had our bad Wolverine movie out of the 3.

That trailer is emotionally charged for sure. 

I like the "Logan" movies from the X-Men series much more so than the X-Men proper movies.  IMO Hugh Jackman makes for the perfect Wolverine, and will be irreplaceable.  Sometimes they cast these parts so right, Downy Jr for Tony Stark, Reynolds for Deadpool......

I'll be sad to see Jack leaving the role if this is in fact his last go at the series.

This breakdown is pretty damn good:

I'm not a fan of the thick beard.. but hey.. It's Wolverine, my absolute favorite comic character of all time, and played by Hugh Jackman, my absolute favorite Wolverine actor (only seconded by Steve Blum) in what will hopefully be his crowing roll.  I'm so very upset that he's leaving the franchise and hanging up his claws.  He was an actor before, but not well known, then his breakout roll as Wolverine in the first X-Men movie put him in the spotlight.  Years later, I can't think of anybody else who could play him.  "He's the best there is at what he does".  The trailer is leaving a lot of opportunities for speculation though... who's the girl?  Is it X-23 (aka Laura Kinney, Wolverine's clone)?  If that's the case, we could still see more "Wolverine" movies just with her as the lead (that's what Marvel comics did after they killed off Logan).  But, in the comics, Logan is back.. He's "old" because he comes from the future, but he still lives.  That's a nice chance for Hugh to come back.  Be a mentor, etc.  He won't have to do much action (although Old Logan in the comics is just as bit as gritty as ever).  Maybe Hugh can do more cameos.  I just hate that this is his last.. :(

Having sported a beard for the majority of 2016, I must admit to admiring the beard. In fact, it just adds to my loathing of Hugh Jackman - he's just one of those fella's who was born blessed...the b*****d (read: jealous). 

They need to take the comic book genre somewhere else + the darker and more real, the better. One of my faves of all time was Unbreakable - Shyalaman b4 he got tired....

This does look worth a watch

• 6 months later...