All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] "Version expired. Please download new version"

Lizard

10 hours ago, Smoke.007 said:

I also did not have a [Partner] section in my C:\PinballX\Config\PinballX.ini file, but adding the following to the end of the ini file and saving it did fix PinballX without the need to block it via Windows Firewall.  Wierd.

[Partner]
DontDisplayUpdateMessage=True
Code=VpCabs1012

Thanks Chaser for the info!

100% the same on my systems, Appreciate you shared that Sir!

my regards, Christian.

• Like 2

You will need to download and install over the top.  I always recommend that you backup your pinballx.ini at least, but it is extremely rare that you will have a problem. 

• Like 1

I don't think its a matter of being forced to update, but like I said else where that I had updated to the newest version from 2.28 to 2.29 because I was experiencing this error. Then to come home after 8 days, to have it say the same thing and no new version to download. I downloaded the 2.29 thinking that I might not have installed it right and when I went to DL something else, told I couldn't because I would have to wait till 24 hours was up. That I would be exceeding my DL limit. I found 2 solutions and used the easier one, which was to add the 3 lines of code, because it wasn't in the .ini file.

Now to get PBX to work with my Pin2DMD setup.

I think you have your facts slightly wrong there. 2.29 definitely does not expire as far as I can see. Just wanted to correct you on that.

I get people are pissed and I am not exactly happy about what happened but lets hold off on the drama a bit please but not blaming you for getting it wrong.

• Like 1

Tom I do not think it is out of the question to add a nag screen if their isnt one. I paid Lifetime when I was getting into Mame a couple years ago and I think PBX is worth people paying for especially if support continues.

• Like 2