All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Defender

While I'm sure Tom is all about free publicity of his software (it generates traffic to the site with potential buyers), I don't think it's very keen to start spreading out ads to the competition specifically.  The best thing to do right now is talk about it in some other genre related forums.  For instance, I have my GameEx signature (that shows the last game I played) on about half a dozen sites.  I'm sure somebody has seen them at one point or another.  For the competition directly, I know GimmeClassics was generating banners to add to your signature to say you were the GOTM winner.  Adultery made some changes to the database manager program to generate those going forward now that GC has (unofficially) left the group.  I'm just waiting on him to fix the bug where it's not been compiled with the required FONT (among other bugs such as the ability for me update the DB on his server for some unknown reason).  But once all those things are fixed (Adultery's a busy man), you're free to post your winning GOTM banner with a link back here if you wish.

As for your score, that's awesome man.  You weren't that far off from the "disqualified" entries.  I'm sure if you keep at it you'll beat it eventually.  :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

Thanks. With little more time, i was in the process to get to level 5 and restart people to rescue to 10.

Like you mention at the beginning, just the control of that game need some practice day.

I'm happy to have try it because of this challenging forum. Rather then that, i had never go behond control difficulty.

I feel so bad.  I let myself and everybody else around here down this month and didn't get to submit a score of my own.  Granted, it probably wouldn't be anywhere near as good as you guys.  I suck at competition gaming.  I just do it for fun.  It's kinda like that site RetroAchievements.  It's fun to earn achievements on those games, but competing to try and get all of them for certain games just makes it a chore, and the fun is lost.  I'm not saying I don't like playing and recording my own high scores though.  I use it for my own personal experience training.  One of these days I'll post a score on here.  That's the beauty of these games.  Even though I don't have a chance of winning the "January 2017 GOTM", I can still come back over and over again and post scores to this specific game and maybe someday BEAT the winner.

That all being said...  Nice one patrickfx!  Too bad you couldn't crawl out of 3rd place.  With time and practice, I'm sure you'll take #2 in no time, then it's just a small step to #1! 

AAAAAANNNNDDDD.....  Please join us in congratulating our GOTM winner for the January 2017 game:

Mame Offender - 53,275 (link)

Wow, this is, what.. like #200 for you? :) Just kidding.  You've won a bunch though that's for sure.  Especially the more recent ones.  Way to go dude!  And like I said before.. just because this month's competition is over, that doesn't mean you can't play it anymore.  Please keep playing!  Send in your scores and try to beat MO down.  We like it when that happens.  :D Good game guys, hope to see you all around in February!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 3 weeks later...

OK here's my (late) submission for this game...  It's insane the higher level you get.  Took me a few tries, coming back to the game over a few days, but I finally got a couple of decent scores and screen grabbed them.  I think in my crazy playing, I accidentally hit my COIN+ button (left bumper on my controller) so the lower score doesn't count because the screenshot has an extra credit in the machine.  So the 2nd play though is the new high score.  I doesn't matter in this game, as when you start your new credit you begin at 0 again.  But fair is far.

Score: 48,500
Stage: 3
Initials: HAN

0001.png

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

Defender, not my kinda game. In the first Yolympics I participated in, MAME OfDefender was on my team and he crushed it. No surprise he took the title.

But for points, I'll put this in.

ExedExes - 25,125 (the other scores on the right hand side were from 2015, this game has an odd habit of keeping old scores)

0002.png

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

It shouldn't have been that hard to reset the DIPS.  In fact, isn't there a key you can press inside the game to reset everything back to default?  Like F2 or something?  Maybe I just remember wrong.  There's probably a cfg file somewhere too that you can erase to get the defaults back when you next load up the ROM.  <shrug>

Updated OP, DB, RSS