All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx Arcade Crashes upon startup - Fresh install

kyoo

You may need to turn UAC off on your PC to see if the log.txt file will be overwritten. If so, then you have a permissions issue that must be resolved on your end. You will also want to check any anti-virus/anti-malware you are running on the PC to ensure that the gameex.exe file is not being blocked or needs to be loaded as an exception.

I have an AMD GPU with Raptr installed.  I uninstalled it and rebooted, but GameEx Arcade still crashes immediately on running it,

I also disabled UAC but that also did not work.

Windows 10 comes with .net 4 already installed - could this be a problem if GE Arcade is wanting version 2?  Not sure if this matters or not.

.net 4 shouldn't matter as it is backwards compatible with the prior versions. I have Windows 10 and I am unable to ercreate the error being reported. Was your log.txt file updated? 

.Net 2-3 is not included in .net4.. However, the gameex installer does install the appropriate dotnet and visual c++ redistributables if necessary.. So no issue there..

UAC was disabled..

Please install a fresh windows 10 that hasn't had gameex on it and try it out..

• 2 weeks later...