All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Looking for guidance

MNMax21

Ok, so I apologize if this is off pudding.  It's not my intent.

I want very badly to install Evolution and start using it on my cabinet.  I also love the look of the new GameEx Arcade version.  However, with the current younger ages of my kids, it has been impossible to find time to work on the arcade.  (I still find time to play the games though!)  I am wondering if anyone has a guess as to the amount of time required to get it working at its current state.  Meaning, install and file movements, etc.  I understand this question is somewhat relative and dependent on the users experience.  I would say I am a novice in some ways, but I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the original GameEx.  Thanks in advance!  

Thanks Tom. I compiled my own MAME awhile back. Can I take the .ini from my MAME and replace it with this one? Also, will this have hiscore compatibility built into the MAME build? Sorry for the MAME 101 questions, just pondering what I may have lying ahead in setup. Thanks for the quick reply!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To let you know, just install Evo, let it do it's thing (download the MAME pack, double click it and let it install) and you'll have the most comprehensive MAME setup, with the best DB's available ;)
 PS: it takes up quite some space, so make sure you have that available