All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Video Marquee

MNMax21

I built my arcade a long time ago, before I knew about the marquee switching capabilities for each selected game.  I am wondering if anyone knows of a monitor that you can fit into a marquee area of an arcade.  It's a pretty standard sized marquee currently in my cab, but it is a little longer than normal, as I have a 32" LCD TV inside.  Thanks for any information!

I have found several, usually imported from China.

In most cases, the main problem is a minimum order of 10 or 20 units.

At other times the problem is the shipping costs.

Usually you find these two problems.

The price is another drawback.

You have to look for "ultra wide stretch monitor" or "ultra wide stretch bar", you will find many sizes, in Alibaba, AssuredSystems ...

Luck.

You can get them individually. I bought a Lightmax Spanpixel from them directly. Be warned though, it doesn't come cheap. An example here to start your search:

http://litemax.en.taiwantrade.com/product/litemax-spanpixel-28-resizing-lcd-1000-nits-led-backlight-1920x357-ultra-wide-aspect-ratio-16-3-657266.html

I justified this cost by learning to code and writing some marquee construction software!

If you do find anything reasonable please post it. I was looking at ultra wide  21:9 monitors from LG a while back, but I ended up just going with a standard 16:9 monitor. It worked out for the time being as I'm using the "marquee monitor" as a "backglass monitor" when using PinballX. I'd still like to build two dedicated rigs in the future though. One for GameEx and another for PinballX.

9 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

WOW!  $2.5k for that?  I think I'll just pass when it comes to my build.  Sheesh!

Ah no. You can get one less than that - dunno why that one's so expensive. Always tacky to talk money, but I got mine new, @ fitting standard cab width (can't remember the diagonal distance) @ 610mm for around £400, I think. Additionally, there's gonna be a sweet spot on ebay, I'm thinking where these  'new' aspect ratio'd LCD/LEDs are being replaced by newer versions. Lots of shop decommissioning bargains to be had. 

46 minutes ago, tthurman said:

These aren't terrible, if their size fits your needs.

That's exactly what I was looking at. I just bought the 16:9 monitor because it was half the cost, and I was tossing the idea around of setting up PinballX on my emulator pc anyway. In the future I will be getting one of those 21:9's unless a better suited marquee sized monitor pops up for a reasonable price. 

I've also thought about a 16:9 monitor with a bezel across it to give the appearance of 2 screens. Kind of like what TerryRed did with his pincab. Using Marquee Masher by stigzler I could have one "monitor" show the marquee and the other "monitor" show CP Wizard or some other information. It'd be hard to make it look natural in a cabinet though.

57 minutes ago, Kustom Kid said:

That's exactly what I was looking at. I just bought the 16:9 monitor because it was half the cost, and I was tossing the idea around of setting up PinballX on my emulator pc anyway. In the future I will be getting one of those 21:9's unless a better suited marquee sized monitor pops up for a reasonable price. 

I've also thought about a 16:9 monitor with a bezel across it to give the appearance of 2 screens. Kind of like what TerryRed did with his pincab. Using Marquee Masher by stigzler I could have one "monitor" show the marquee and the other "monitor" show CP Wizard or some other information. It'd be hard to make it look natural in a cabinet though.

Last I looked into it (about a year or two ago) those 21.9 monitors were about $350, so $150 - 15% for first purchase isn't bad at all. I would go that route if I hadn't already decided against it. Who knows, maybe one of these days the price will come down to a point where I can't resist. I'm kinda dreading it though, because then I will have the headache of actually fitting it and getting it running...lol.

• Like 1

Several of the dealers I have found also send you a unit, but surpasses the € 250 including € 300 in some.

The good thing is that there are some are 4: 1 that is optimal for DMD and others that not having the exact averages, are close enough.

And you have several 12 ", 14", 15 "stockings that go from 31cm to 39cm more or less and adamptan to the gap you have, you will surely have to look at the 12" or even some 10 "

I still seem expensive everything that exceeds 200 €