All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Arcade Game Lists

Roetty

I won't provide a detailed explanation on how you do it but you need to look into MAME custom favourite lists. It is a supported feature in GameEx Arcade Edition. You should be able to create these lists with MAMEUI but I've not looked at the feature for some time. They are basically ini files.

[FOLDER_SETTINGS]             |                              | This section must be included,RootFolderIcon = cust1.ico    | but is not important. Leave as is.SubFolderIcon = cust2.ico     |[High Score Games]            | This is the Title of your list as it will appear in GE. It can be anything you like!                                <--It's important to leave this gap!1944                          |anteater                      |arkanoid                      | Your game list! Just list the roms you would likebankp                         | included in your list, one on each new line. The onlyblazstar                      | thing to remember here is use the ROM name - GameExbloodbro                      | will take care of formating it for you into nice Titlesbombjack                      |

From DAZZELHP.......

You can create your lists with Windows Notepad (or any decent text based editor) using the above format, BUT make sure you save it with the .ini extension and NOT .txt (ie: myubermamelist.ini). The filename can be anything you like but obviously it's good practice to give it a name that makes sense to you.

Great! Now what?

Now you need to tell GameEx where your lists are! You should put all your lists into one folder. I have a folder in my MAME directory called "customlists", but they can be anywhere you like. Just make sure they are all together in that one folder.

Next, load the GE Setup Wizard> Custom> MAME Settings. Find Custom Lists Path, and browse to the folder containing all your lists:

customlist_zps3ace0d2d.png

• Like 1