All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Atari Poster Book

tthurman

You may recall the Art of Atari book that Draco previously posted, but you may not be aware of a companion piece that is releasing in April 2017.

Atari Poster Book

The artwork of Atari inspired a generation and created a bridge from the simple on-screen graphics of its early games to the imaginations of eager gamers.

Now, Dynamite Entertainment proudly brings the most iconic, mind-blowing video game illustrations to posters, each one easy to remove and perfect for display, showcasing the tremendous talent of Atari's greatest artists!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Okay so this was on my front porch when I got home yesterday, and I must say it's a really nice piece. 

IMG_2595.JPG

Could be left as is for a large coffee table book, or framed for display.  The prints are heavy, feels like 22 point board, with a matte finish.  It's printed on both sides, so if you wanted to frame them all, you would need two copies.  The stock is thick enough so there isn't bleed through created by printing on both sides, and the binding is such that you can remove the posters.  It appears these are held in with something similar to fugitive glue, so they can be removed without damage.  Note that I haven't removed any myself though.

This book was delayed numerous times, and since one reviewer on amazon complained about the "glue".  I have to wonder if they didn't originally start out with something like padding compound, only to realize it bled too much, resulting in a delay.

The first one up is centipede, and the colors really pop!

IMG_2596.JPG

The book focuses on the consoles mostly:

Millipede 2600 - Hiro Kimura
Star Raiders 5200 - Robert Hunt
RealSports Baseball 5200 - D. Smith
Missile Command 2600 - George Opperman
Centipede 2600 - Burrell Dickey
3D Tic-Tac-Toe - Susan Jaekel
Asteroids 2600 - Chris Kenyon
Basketball 2600 - Cliff Spohn
Asteroids 5200 - Terry Hoff
Centipede 5200 - Hiro Kimura
Asteroids 7800 - Greg Winters
Combat Two - Michel Allaire
Demons To Diamonds
Crystal Castles - Judy Richter
Football 2600 - Cliff Spohn
Haunted House - Steve Hendricks
Haunted House Unused - Steve Hendricks
Home Run - Cliff Spohn
Missile Command 5200 - Chris Kenyon
SwordQuest Fireworld - Warren Chang
RealSports Tennis - Terry Hoff
RealSports Baseball - Michel Allaire
Surround - Cliff Spohn
RealSports Basketball 2600 - D. Smith
Video Checkers - Steve Hendricks
RealSports Soccer 5200 - Chris Kenyon
RealSports Volleyball - Terry Hoff
SwordQuest Airworld - Warren Chang
AtariAge SwordQuest Cover - George Pérez
Video Pinball
SwordQuest Waterworld - Warren Chang
RealSports Basketball 5200 - Terry Hoff
RealSports Football 2600 - Michel Allaire
Star Raiders 2600 - Terry Hoff
Super Breakout 2600 - Cliff Spohn
Tempest 2600
Warlords - Steve Hendricks
Yars’ Revenge - Hiro Kimura
Warlords Family - Steve Hendricks
Atari Wizard - Cliff Spohn

Some of my favorites:

IMG_2597.JPG

IMG_2598.JPG

The Tempest art is bitchin!

IMG_2599.JPG

This is really great! I'll probably see it before you answer, but how much did this set ya back? It would look really nice in my game room!

I pre-ordered at Amazon for something like 18.75, but it dropped to under $14 on release so I got the adjustment.  It quickly bounced back though.

Target seems to have the best deal currently.

https://www.target.com/p/art-of-atari-poster-book-paperback/-/A-51996491?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Entertainment+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Entertainment&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9013457&gclid=CKGXi6yQ-tQCFUIdgQodQ30OWg&gclsrc=aw.ds