All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Feature request - info tag

Thalamus

Hi !

Sorry if this has been requested before. But, I wonder if it would be possible to add a new tag to the xml named "info" or something in that direction that would be configurable to work more or less like description is today.

The reason for asking is that I don't keep my table descriptions like eg. "name ( year, manufacturer)". My scheme is more in the direction of VPX__long_name__TECH__YEAR__MANUFACTORER - I separate with double underlines. Reason ? Well, I'm mainly a linux guy and manipulating meta-data is often done by sending those xml files over to my linux server. I hate whitespaces,  parenthesis etc. I try to keep descriptions within [a-zA-Z0-9] if possible.

I would like to be able to use the info/overlay screen with the 'rating' stars - but, with my table name scheme the filenames becomes way to long and outright ugly. Description isn't really only description in pinballx IMO. So, in short, a tag that is kind of free-text that is configurable to be shown instead of description would be very nice.

Currently, and that is my fault because I use my description in this way, the search for online resources isn't really working. It would be nice if the new tag would be used in searching for eg. instruction cards or maybe there could be added a option to input manually what to search for ?

Just a suggestion, Thank you for this wonderful frontend.