All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Mixed up displays upon initial PinballX startup

PinKitty

I am running a 3-monitor system and using PinballX as my frontend.  I have PinballX set to it automatically launches when I turn the computer on and Windows starts up.

Problem I am having is that when the system first boots up, the displays are all mixed up.  I get the Playfield on the backglass monitor, the Backglass on the DMD monitor, and the Playfield monitor (my main display) shows the windows desktop.

Then....when I ignore all this mixed up mess, and proceed to hit the key to launch table, it loads the table and like magic it displays everything as expected - table on Playfield main display monitor, Backglass on backglass monitor and DMD on DMD monitor.  From there I exit the game, and PinballX acts like it is supposed to.  My system will behave normally as I enter and exit tables all day long. 

But when shut down the system and turn the computer back on again...AAAARRRGGG!  The mixed up mess appears on my displays again.

Any one else had and solved this problem?  Any ideas on how to fix it?  Help from community is appreciated.     

I was wondering about that.  Maybe it was as simple as reordering displays.  Could you tell me what order yours are in?  Right now I have display # 1 is tables, display #2 is backglass, and display #3 is DMD.  Should I switch these relationships around? 

As @Draco1962 mentioned, this happens some times; I have had it happen when updating Video drivers, but also ramdonly on PinballX start; if I quit PinballX and run it again it works as expected, really odd... Right now I have a pending NVidia driver update because I don't want to deal with re-arranging monitors :lol:

Something else that's caused some headache is the fact that the .ini config file identifies the monitor # differently than what you see in the windows screen settings, or even PinballX's display settings (via settings.exe). Monitor #1 is registered in the config file as #0, monitor #2 is #1 and so on.