All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Samsung TV & Resolution OSD during focus change

RustyCardores

I have finally switched to VP's True Fullscreen and am loving the extra quality of the playfield image... but.... (there's always a but :()

The Samsung has the annoying habit of placing a large banner OSD (on screen display) across the top of the TV (playfield) each time the resolution changes or when it detects a new signal.

Now everything is set to 1920x1080 in VP and also PBX... and this problem never happened when using VP in Full Screen Windowed. So it's associated with True Full Screen... it's as if there is now a break in signal as PBX hands focus to VPX and visa versa, and this promps the stupid OSD. 

Is there anything in PBX that would allow a constant signal to be maintained during the focus shift? 

It's not a major problem, as it doesn't effect game play at all, but it is an annoying problem as it disturbs the "flow" of the cabinet by increasing wait times as new tables are selected.  Sadly, there is no way to turn off this feature in the TV itself (even in the engineer's menu)

20 minutes ago, Carny_Priest said:

It's a hardware thing. I don't think that there is anything you can do but relax, drink a beer, and close your eyes when the banner comes up.

Bites Pizza>>Swills Beer>>Wipes mouth>>Burps>>   yeah that should be about the same time that the OSD is up ;)

Seriously though, it looks like I'll be replacing my playfield monitor. Shame really, as this Sammy has an awesome picture and is good in every other way. True full screen is worth it though. I have another 40 inch Sammy on my race sim.... I could possibly swap them, but being an older model I would need to decase it..... hmm too hard.... more beer and pizza please! ;)