All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How do you create DMD Videos for Pinball FX?

CHASER

I call ffmpeg using a script. I would publish the script but it needs more work. I'll finish it up when there is a decent enough sale to pick up some tables I don't yet have. Maybe the Steam Winter Sale. Last purchase I made is the Star Wars tables from early this year (Ep VII and Might of the First Order). I don't have DMD videos for tables more recent than those.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odie said:

What is the point of DMD videos doesnt make the scoring impossible to see? Yes I am a noob and I lots of cool setups on youtube but no idea of what I see.

For me it's mostly for the PinballX setup when you cycle through the tables (for show).  You see the backglass and a dmd video and the playfield video.  

During the game the DMD is from the actual game so you do see the score etc.  

2 hours ago, odie said:

What is the point of DMD videos doesnt make the scoring impossible to see? Yes I am a noob and I lots of cool setups on youtube but no idea of what I see.

I like the look of scrolling though when selecting games on my VPIN. Just looks more polished

• 4 weeks later...

I've been doing my Future Pinball tables and for table videos I load the FP table in PinballX but don't start it. I press the Windows key + G and do a video grab that lasts for 7 sec or so. It saves them to the Videos/Captures folder. I then put it into Windows Movie Maker and rotate 90 deg.Then into the appropriate Future Pinball Media folders. PBX loops them automatically.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

i need the dmd videos for aliens / alien isolation / aliens vs pred and then bethesda tables etc...but i dont mind capturing my own either.

Can anybody point me in the direction of the alien dmd`s etc.. that work, bduncans captures dont work for me within pinballx and i dont want to load my installs up with codecs just to play dmd vids, any ideas or i may need some firm instructions on how to capture my own with ffmpeg ?

Kind Regards

Steve

I've got what I need as far as media. My post directed @leggless2001 has a script for capturing Pinball FX2 DMD videos using ffmpeg. The output is basically a lossless dump into an mkv container. To get a proper loop, the mkv file must be edited and then transcoded into an mp4 or flv file. It will at least get you what you need.