All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex always hide desktop "SOLVED"

JudgeFredd

Even though i have set the option to hide desktop to "No", my desktop still seems to be hidden, and it's somewhat difficult to use my PC, while i'm updating games list.

I'm running the latest version of Gameex "Arcade" (?) and Mame (1,80b), as of 7/12/2016, the gameex exe file states that is version 1.00, though i think the version nr. shown when i dl'ed it was different.

I'm currently running Mame in the 32bit version, but have tried the 64bit version with the same result, not that the Mame version should be significant in any way, seeing that the problems seem to be solely related to gameex.

GameEx.ini

background_log.txt

GameExOnlineLog.txt

log.txt

LogArtWorkDownload.txt

SetupWizard.log

Edited by JudgeFredd
"Solved"

Thx, for a fast reply, no the issue doesn't seem to be there when otherwise running.

I will try out "regular" Gameex, the reason this is a major paine for me, is that the PC i update games lists on, is also the PC i watch TV on, and basicly does "everything" on, i tried creating a "Virtual PC" via HyperV on my server, but it didn't seem possible to run Gameex/Mame on this platform.. I could run it on my actual "arcade machine" but the hardware onfiguration in this is somewhat subpar to the job, so it would take forever to do it there. :-)

I consider your answer as "solved", is there a way to indicate this in the "thread"?