All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Using PinBallX to run FX2 - FX2 Exit To Wheel Issue

Azurden

Hey All, I have been trying to use GoogleFu to find this answer to no avail.  I am running the PinballX front end (love it) and doubling down on Visual Pinball and FX2.  The issue is after I launch an FX2 game and try to exit (most times, not ALL times) it will exit to the Pinball FX2 menu and not the PinballX wheel.  Now, if I continue to press esc after a few times of that it will return to the PinballX wheel. 

Did I miss a setting to properly exit from FX2 to the PinballX?

Yes. If you have Esc set to Exit Emulator in PinballX and Esc is set to exit out of the game in FX2 (bringing you to a game menu) then you have a conflict. It sounds like in your system it will be FX2 that recognizes the key press first. Resolve this conflict by setting one or the other settings to use a different key. Alternatively, you can always use Alt+F4 to close down FX2 immediately.

• Like 1

Thank you for a reply.  It is appreciated... 
i will try it when I get back to the house this eve.  I know my ipac is set to esc, I will need to check if the exit emulator and quit are both using esc with n pinballx.  I am sure they are...

So question...  Can you define a little more the Quit vs. Exit Emulator?  I assume it is the Exit Emulator that I will want to switch the key command for, correct? 

Ex: Quit - Quits PinballX = esc

Exit Emulator = E (key)