All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX only loading to Pinball FX2 Main Page (ie: not directly loading table)

Black Mage

HI Everyone,

This is probably an easy issue, but I couldn't find the answer after digging around for 1-2 hours.  I downloaded the Aliens and Bethesda tables, and when I choose them in PinballX they load Pinball FX2 from Steam (so it shows the main page with 30+ tables to choose from) instead of loading the table directly.  All my other tables load directly so I'm assuming I did something many months ago and forgot.  Help is greatly appreciated!!

Are you using the integrated support for Pinball FX2? Did you add the new tables to your Pinball FX2.xml file via Game Manager or directly via Notepad or other similar text editor?

I added the tables via the Game Manager, and when I take a look at the Pinball Fx2.xml file it appears that the new tables are in the same format as the other tables

What is the integrated Pinball FX2 support?  I do have it working in my pincab successfully (have cabinet model unlocked) and my settings in the PinballX.ini settings is:

[PinballFX2]
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
Executable=Steam.exe
Parameters=-applaunch 226980 "[TABLEFILE]"
Process=Pinball FX2
WaitFor=-1
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
LaunchAfterExecutable=
LaunchAfterHideWindow=True
LaunchBeforeEnabled=False
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=
LaunchBeforeExecutable=
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=True
[Internal]

Have the same issue, all my FX2 tables were automatically loaded when I set up PinballX, but if I make any change to a table it will do the same as described above.  Also when I see my XML file it appears the table is set up correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8-12-2016 at 2:42 AM, Black Mage said:

All works OK for me now.  I did the following (not sure what solved it):

Updated PinballX

Changed the Process from = PinballX to be = PinballX.exe

Dropped several F bombs

Hey, having the same problem. What process do you mean ? the fx2 process is always Pinball FX2.exe right ? 

I guess that your tables names are not declared correctly in your "Pinball FX2.xml". Would be very helpful if you could attach the XML to your request (as well as your config.ini).

Kind regards,

Jannek