All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Holiday Fruitcake

tthurman

On 12/8/2016 at 0:31 PM, hansolo77 said:

I've never actually seen the Mizer christmas special.

How have you not seen this?  The Mizer scenes are perhaps the best of any Christmas Special, equaled only by Hermey the Dentist, and the island of the misfit toys from Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Here, relive some childhood.

• Like 1

Thanks @tthurman  :) I'll probably watch it tonight.

Honestly, when I'm feeling like watching Christmas type movies/specials, I typically watch the same things.  A little Frosty, Rudolf, Charlie Brown, and Garfield.  Then I'll say "enough of this crap" and throw in some Die Hard 1 and 2.  Then I'll come back a little bit and watch some Home Alone 1 and 2.  Then maybe throw in an Earnest Saves Christmas.  :) When I was a kid, we had a CARTOON tape (VHS) my dad made with a bunch of Disney toons recorded off of the (pre-commercialized) Disney Channel.  Then we made a CHRISTMAS tape with the same stuff (toons/specials).  We had shows on there I've never seen re-aired.  (Yes, he had a copy of the Star Was Christmas Special he taped live! and no we can't watch it anymore or digitize it).  There were some things with a donkey who carried Mary to the Manger (I think his name was Nesser?), some kind of stop-motion that showed Santa when he was thin, and another stop-motion that had a bunch of weird holiday type characters in it (I only remember a wizard looking guy with a long pointy hat that was in all black or dark blue and blew snow like jack frost or something).  We even had the "Claymation Christmas".  Oh and some Grinch for good measure.  We just missed taping the Mizer guys, and just usually watched the tape instead of live tv to break the commercials.  Now in the days of digital, and thanks to the fire, I've lost the ability to watch our old toon tapes.  Destroyed with 98% of everything else.  It was really fun too because when we got to the Garfield special, Dad forgot to cut out the commercials, so it was fun watching them.  Because it was Christmas time, I think they had a commercial for the NES, which was awesome because the last time I watched the tape I was in my mid teens and playing on Sega Genesis right before the PlayStation came out.  Makes you remember the old days.  Like, I found an old MicroCenter ad I got in the mail from a while ago, where they were trying to sell the all-new never before seen Pentium 4 computers for $2k.  Now it's like the ARM processors on the Raspberry Pi are even faster, and it only costs $25.

• Like 1

Lot's of good memories there hans :)

I had to run out today for some gift cards, ya know, while the 4x Kroger gas points deal was still going!  On the way home I saw an old late 80's panel wagon coming up the on ramp with a 12 foot tree strapped to the roof, complete with a Christmas reef hood ornament, and this sled, bottom burned out and all....

man, somebody had really put some work into this station wagon.  I'd love'd to have gotten a picture of it, but I was on I-140 so that didn't happen.

• 2 weeks later...