All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Ms. Pac-man

It's happened before.  Keep trying off an on and eventually it will go.  You don't have to host the image here, you can put it somewhere else.  When you plug in the url, the forum will automatically link to the image and display it.  That's how I went forward with the images in my NintendoPi build.  It saves space on your profile's capacity.

No Patrickfx, you were not hallucinating.  The PacMan character, under special circumstances, can and will pass through a monster in' non-frightened' mode.  

Here is an in-depth explanation of the phenomenon:

Just Passing Through

It wasn't too long after the release of Pac-Man when word began to spread of players occasionally passing straight through a ghost unharmed, seemingly at random. This rumor turned out to be completely true as most die-hard Pac-Man players can attest.

If you play the game long enough, you will eventually see Pac-Man run into one of the ghosts and come out unscathed on the other side-it doesn't happen very often so enjoy it when it does! Some players have even gone so far as to incorporate this mysterious pass-through oddity into their patterns.

The root cause of this elusive peculiarity lies in the way the game detects collisions between Pac-Man and the four ghosts. Any time Pac-Man occupies the same tile as a ghost, he is considered to have collided with that ghost and a life is lost.

It is irrelevant whether the ghost moved into Pac-Man's tile or Pac-Man into the ghost's-the result is the same either way. This logic proves sufficient for handling collisions more than 99% of the time during gameplay, but does not account for one very special case:

passthrubug.png

The above picture illustrates the conditions necessary to produce this curious behavior. There are five consecutive frames showing Blinky and Pac-Man passing through each other. Below each frame is the same scene represented by the tiles they currently occupy and the per-pixel location of their center points. Pac-Man and Blinky are at just the right position and speed relative to one another to cause them to swap tiles with each other simultaneously.

In other words, Pac-Man's center point moves upwards into Blinky's tile in the same 1/60th of a second that Blinky's center point moves downwards into Pac-Man's tile, resulting in them moving past each other without colliding. Note that Pac-Man's origin point is centered on the top edge of his tile in frame four; this is still considered to be inside the bottom tile, but moving up one more pixel will push him over the edge into the next one.

Pac-Man and Blinky have now swapped tiles with each other in frame five, and Pac-Man can go on his merry way because he never "collided" (i.e., shared the same tile) with Blinky at all! Click on the YouTube video below to see an example of the pass-through bug (it happens 40 seconds after playback begins):

• Like 1

20 hours ago, patrickfx said:

Oh my score !!!20161222_223340.jpg

I have to be fair, and the judge rules this entry is not valid.  I know it's legit and all, but our established rules for this game because of no initials screen, requires you to have a screenshot that has your score and your high score matching.  That way we can at least get a little closer to legit in that you took the pic the same run you made the score.  Sorry bud.  But you can do better, I can feel it.  :)

Everybody else.. I'm watching hockey.  Blue Jackets are finally #1 in the entire NHL, and are running 11 game winning streak so far.  Gotta keep my support ya know?    After the game, I'm going to bed, but I'll update these games' tables soon!

Yeah I hate to be a jerk like that.  It's just to be safe and make things easier to track and justify.  Thanks man!  I know that score can be beat by you anyway though, so no harm.  There's still a good week of playing available!

9 hours ago, patrickfx said:

Another trick I found and like to know if you agree.  I now prefer to have ghost near me rather then away.  I control more unpredict ghost movement and be catch ans sqeeze

The most complicated AI implemented into the ghosts hands down is the Blue Character, or Inky.   Have a closer look at it in the article, Patrickfx.  It will open your eyes on how these mofos really roll.  

MO

Ok guys, I just like to said that I'm not posting not because I don't play and try.  I try !!!  But can't get better then 40,000.  What curious is how I made this 50,000 score at the beginning.  I'm a lot better then at the beginning, I can play with that ghost and let them look like stupid hahaha!  

Dam it's hard, I guess I should read the MO suggestion but don't have time or dont take time :)

I have some fun anyway !  Thank's again for that competition which don't have enough people !