All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex not showing all games from MAME

3GiTech

Hi all,

Been searching around the forum but can't find an issue that is similar enough to ours;

When loading into the Gameex system and viewing "all games" not all of the ROMs that are shown as available in MAME can be viewed or played. 

We've been looking into this issue for the best part of the day, we also tried changing the ROM path but the same 160 games (which stop after A in the directory) showed. 

I've attached the gameex.ini and log.txt from our machine, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Michael at 3GiTech

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Hi Michael, welcome to the GameEx forums.

It is likely all you need to do here is tweak the filter settings for the integrated MAME support.  Be aware that unless you specify otherwise, there will be all sorts of games that are automatically filtered, fruit machines, wack a mole, and the like that typically don't play well on most MAME setups.

At the very least change this setting to false.

VeruftyRoms=True 

False

Don't forget to update:)

There are other setting that come into play, but the verify setting checks for everythng to be perfect, and as you know emulation isn't always perfect.  There are lots of threads here on filtering options if you need to dive deeper into this.

Thank you for your response, unfortunately changing the setting to false didn't populate the games list, there's still only 160 (out of what used to be nearly 4000) games showing in the 'all games' list.

I don't know if filtering is the issue, it's almost like the mappings have gone but I don' t know where to add them in again.

7 hours ago, tthurman said:

You did update, correct?

Does your mame executable match your romset?

First and foremost, this should be correct.

Secondly there are many support files to MAME that GameEx (in fact most front-ends) rely on. Search for MAME.info, Catver.ini, History.dat etc.

Most importantly though, these files must MATCH your version of  MAME!!! For instance, if you have MAME 1.43, then you must have MAME.info 1.43, Catver.ini 1.43 etc. If you have MAME vers 1.54, then you must have MAME.info 1.54, Catver.ini 1.54, History.dat 1.54.

GameEx can do wonderous things to your MAME collection, but you must do your part to make sure it has every chance ;)