All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

problem with mame installation

cesar quijada

Hi, I have a problem with mame installation 

I have saved mame 0.147 on the desk and SetupWizard can not load at the moment of adding to emulator selection the load bar not start to loading staying frozen (as shown in the first picture). 

my Emulator Path, Asset Path, ROM Path they are addressed to mame 0.147 (that I have on the desk which I use). as shown in the second picture

thanks for coment.

not load error progress bar.png

loading paths.png

I can't speak directly to why that isn't downloading, because honestly I do not use the emu down-loader part of the setup wizard.  No disrespect to the setup wizard, but the emu's change so frequently that you best bet it just to go and download them directly from the source.

Just looking at the screen shots you provided shows you are trying to pull down 0.163 (which isn't going to play well with your 0.147 set anyway) while the current release is 0.180.

Previous releases are available, and so I'd suggest you go grab a matching executable for your set to avoid anomalies that will almost certainly rear their head if you try to run your set on a more modern MAME release.

Once you get the correct binary (or source if you compile your own), simply create a directory structure on your computer that you are comfortable with, and then in the "Setup MAME" section, browse to these folders to ensure your paths are correct

In previous gameex versions you could download mame 0.147 And run it without problem loading by WizardSetup...And I do not know why in this new version (gameex 14.63) I can not do it. Maybe it's a problem with my computer. More advanced versions than mame 0.147 not load some games that interest me (this is problem of mame not of gameex).

The question is If I want to use mame 0.147 in that part of the whole gameex folder I must put it ?... and also how to absorb mame 0.147 using WizarSetup.

thanks for coment.

I think it would be beneficial for all trying to help if you would provide copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files. Click the GameEx How to ask for help link in my signature for instructions on where to find these files and provide them for review. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draco1962 said:

I think it would be beneficial for all trying to help if you would provide copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files. Click the GameEx How to ask for help link in my signature for instructions on where to find these files and provide them for review. Thanks!

Yes, we need to see these files so we can get an understanding of what is going on here. Without them we are in the dark. B)

LINKY

I downloaded mame from emulator selection as shown in the first image [Arcade] Arcade (MAME), It's version 0.145 

The second image shows that it is the version of mame 0.145 which is also useful to me.

mame is downloaded to my desktop Inside of mame gameex folder (As the third image shows) and installed in Emulator Setup (As shown in the fourth image).

Now gameex load mame 0.145 perfect, I am useful this version and I can play mame games as I show it from the fifth photo onwards.

Now I want the same...  if possible ? the same steps but with mame version 0.147

thanks for coment.

I do not know where in the gameex folder are the files gameex.ini and log.txt files And how do I send them here? Just with attach is it possible?

I wonder if log.txt is all the folder I show in the last photo ?

And the file gameex.ini I dont know where it is located

emulator selection.png

loadins mame 0.145 from emulator selection.png

mame gameex folder.png

emulator set up.png

IMAG0547.jpg

IMAG0548.jpg

IMAG0549.jpg

IMAG0550.jpg

IMAG0552.jpg

IMAG0551.jpg

file log txt.png