All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Backglass video in Pinball FX2 during the game

fjp

Hi,

i'm working on my virtual pinball, at the present i've put static image in this directory " c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pinball FX2\data_steam"

and i see the backglass images correctly.

Is it possible to see backglass video instead of backglass image during the game in pinball fx2? How i can see the video? I tried to put video in the same folder but i can't see it...

If I use a video for the back glass it goes blank when you go into the game. Is there a way to keep the video playing during the game?

Thank you.

Please be aware that I had to move your thread from the PinballX Media Projects forum. Unless you have a question that is very specific to an ongoing project or you are contributing your own media project to the communuty, post your questions here in the General forum! 

Thank you.

PBFX2 does not natively support backglass videos (yet).

But, you could place the videos here:

PinballX/Media/Pinball FX2/Backglass Videos

They will play when the Pinballx Frontend is running and the a FX2 game is selected. To show them during gameplay, uncheck the "Hide backglass" in your Game Manager and remove the static images from the PBFX2 directory in Steam. You may also need to turn off backglass-repositioning, if you use the cabinet mode in PBFX2. That way, PBFX2 has nothing to show by itself and PBX can keep showing the video when playing a FX2 game.

Please be aware that the videos should be named accordung to the tablenames you find in the Game Manager.

I hope that helps. I am doing it the same way in my cabinet and I like it a lot. :-)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Please be aware that I had to move your thread from the PinballX Media Projects forum. Unless you have a question that is very specific to an ongoing project or you are contributing your own media project to the communuty, post your questions here in the General forum! 

Thank you.

Ok, sorry for the mistake.

3 hours ago, fuzgi said:

PBFX2 does not natively support backglass videos (yet).

But, you could place the videos here:

PinballX/Media/Pinball FX2/Backglass Videos

They will play when the Pinballx Frontend is running and the a FX2 game is selected. To show them during gameplay, uncheck the "Hide backglass" in your Game Manager and remove the static images from the PBFX2 directory in Steam. You may also need to turn off backglass-repositioning, if you use the cabinet mode in PBFX2. That way, PBFX2 has nothing to show by itself and PBX can keep showing the video when playing a FX2 game.

Please be aware that the videos should be named accordung to the tablenames you find in the Game Manager.

I hope that helps. I am doing it the same way in my cabinet and I like it a lot. :-)

GREAT!!! Thank you so much!!! :-)

Yes, i'm using cabinet mode. This night i will test this! (with work and family i can do the test only in the night or weekend! :-D). Thank you so much and have a nice evening. :-)

6 hours ago, fuzgi said:

Glad to help. If it's not working, send me a PM for further support, as i don't check this forum that often anymore now that my cabinet is setup properly. Time to play more. :-)

Hi fuzgi, unfortunately it doesn't work :-(

I've sent you a private message, thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

update: got backglass video displaying correctly but no matter what dmd will not display. I have tried every setting i can possibly tinker with and never works. The odd thing i have noticed is the AMD settings application shows the monitors #d different than windows. AMD settings shows the correct IDs but windows has 2 and 3 flipped. How does pinballX determine what monitor 1,2, or 3 is? AMD settings show my DMD monitor as monitor 3 but setting display3 in pbx settings shows nothing. Again, any help would be appreciated. 

• 4 months later...

Hi all, I have a similar situation. Fx2 shows back glass in pbx but when I select a fx2 table it disappears. Found that if I play a vpb game first & click the mouse on the back glass then go play a fx2 game the back glass now shows during game play. But have to do this every time I run pbx.

any ideas?

1 hour ago, fireup said:

Hi all, I have a similar situation. Fx2 shows back glass in pbx but when I select a fx2 table it disappears. Found that if I play a vpb game first & click the mouse on the back glass then go play a fx2 game the back glass now shows during game play. But have to do this every time I run pbx.

any ideas?

Nope. Can you please attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files for review?

As you can see this is an old thread and there have been a few updates since it began.

One thing to keep in mind is that if PinballFX2 allows images but not videos, it is because with videos, some tables fail, slow down or fire, for that reason ZEN does not allow videos.

Some tables work well, but others fail.