All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx crash again (2)... :-(

Evilforces

Hi!!

Attached a log from today. GameEx did not crash, but all videos stop playing and the only solution was to restart GameEx.

I think my problem could be related with some direct3d or something from video reproduction, because crashes only occurs when I'm navigating on the roms list (not playing games).

Sorry to be so heavy, but I need to solve the problem and don't know what to do now.

Reinstalled drivers, codecs, GameEx several times... everytime same errors, crashing totally or partially with videos out...

Any suggestion to try?

Thanks in advance all of you for your kindly help, and sorry for this.. I'm the first that want solve the problem to stop posting and disturbing people here.. Sorry.

log.txt

I just noticed you are running AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7. Do you by any chance have installed the full Catalyst Software Suite WITH the Gaming Evolved Client by Raptr? Per the post here, the Raptr client has caused problems with GameEx and PinballX and uninstalling or exiting it has resolved problems with launching and probably a host of other related issues.

Hi guys,

To make sure, can anybody post a link to AMD drivers page that you think are the correct for my system?

If I'm correct, the drivers I should install are this -->> http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/apu?os=Windows 7 - 64

Could be fine uninstall ALL my drivers and re-install with the "minimal setup" option to make sure no other programs are installed on the system (only drivers)???

Sorry if I am repeating myself but "hard" crashes like this are almost always down to codecs/drivers. Its the only "unmanaged" code GameEx runs when browsing the list and the exception is external. I realise that does not help much but again its almost always Codecs/Videos/Drivers when you don't get a proper error log in GameEx. ie its something external to GameEx.

Hi Tom,

I've uninstalled and re-installed several times the codecs.

I tryied with differents codecs, including the recomended on this threath... 

Would you like I uninstall and re-install another time? There is no problem to do this for me if solve the problem.

Would you recommend me a codec to try?

Thanks a lot for your help friends.

I don't know if you are running an nLited version of WIndows 7 or not, but if you are, a full install of the full OS may resolve the issues you are encountering. Something external is definitely afoot. 

You could also try running with no plugins enabled and then, if all seems to be working, enabling 1 plugin at a time to see if it breaks.

Right now, we are just shooting into the dark. As Tom noted, something outside of GameEx is causing conflict. 

Hi Draco,

Tonight will try to uninstall both vga drivers and codecs and then reinstall it.

Then I could try to disable some plugins (but if this is the problem I need the plugins to run some of my emulators), but will try it.

My Windows version is a full version, not lite.

The thing is I can't reproduce the crashes when I want... they are totally random. Sometimes I can play with GameEx for hours or days with no problem, others crashes almost every time I run it... This make to find a solution more difficult.

This PC is my actual emulator machine, but I had GameEx installed on other computers before this with no problems. The point is that this PC is only for gaming with GameEx. The installation was clean and I haven't any other programs (only emulators, utilities for that emulators and media for this emulators). PC is clean, but as you say, something is making crashing..

I'm very convinced that problems is drivers from AMD. My GPU is an integrated GPU in the processor and think drivers are not fully compatible with my system, or need a update by AMD.... Maybe in a future update my problem dissapear forever.... maybe not....

Thanks a lot for your help. If you think can tell me something more to try, don't doubt it and tell me what.

Those are the latest APU drivers, installing the minimal installation wouldn't be a bad troubleshooting step at all.

The way you describe the random nature of this though, still leads me to believe it's a memory problem of some sort.  Are you monitoring  your CPU temps?  It may not be a bad idea just to make sure it's not overheating.

• Like 1

Hi tthurman, I passed the memory check with no problems.

I'll try the AMD system monitor to see if crashes are related with elevated temp. Could be the cause, but not sure of it.

I'll inform you with results.

THANKS!!!

Last time I had this issue in my cab I had to reapply silver paste to my CPU. I used Speccy to keep an eye on it, which ultimately helped me solve it. Just a thought.

Integrated GPUs can be problematic at times, but mainly because of how they used to share RAM with the system instead of having much of their own RAM. Does the company for your motherboard have the most up to date drivers for the video? Might be worth a look for at least insuring compatibility across the board.

Ok friends, only want to make a little update of my problem:

1 - Uninstalled GPU drivers and all codecks from my system

2 - Cleaned with CCLEANER the registry to correct problems

3 - Re-installed drivers from AMD (minimal installation) and re-installed codecks

4 - Removed Avast Anti-Virus from system. Now I'm trusting with Microsoft Security Essentials. I think there is no problem with this, because I only use this computer for "secure" files.

5 - 2 days without crashes and a big smile on my face.

I can't say the problem is solved from now, because I had bad experiences before, but think we are on the right way to solve it... cross my fingers!!!

Another time, thanks to all of you for your kindly help and effort to try solve my problem. Thanks friends!!