All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Fast Lane

Fast Lane
Fast Lane Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 ExedExes 281,340 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
2 Luigimaker 169,100 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
3 rtkiii 142,720 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
4 Cynicaster 137,780 Cynicaster's Hi-Score Entry
5 hansolo77 112,060 hansolo77's Hi-Score Entry
6 millerbrad 102,820 millerbrad's Hi-Score Entry
7 Floyd Turbo 30,560
Last Updated by hansolo77: 09-16-2019

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Fast Lane:

ROMSet: FastLane
Lives: 3
Unknown: Off [All]
Bonus Life: 20000 100000
Flip Screen: Off
Service Mode: Off
Special Rules: Continues are NOT allowed!
Difficulty: Medium
Allow Continue: 3 Tries
(These bottom 2 are defaulted on my system.  We don't allow continues, so don't use any.  The only other option here is Infinite, so don't bother changing it).

The green coloured default values match the Twin Galaxies settings.
The red coloured values need to be changed!

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide: :link:
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide: :link:
# general rules for submitting your hi-score: :link:

This is our Bonus game for November.  It was chosen as one of Cynicaster's favorites and it was his choice due to winning our GOTM Competition in October.  Way to to go buddy!  We like to give our winners a little something extra, and this was his reward.  To be in the running to pick next month's bonus game, check out our current GOTM - Tiger Heli!  At the end of the month, this game will be reverted to a standard game rather than be completely removed.  So feel free to post a score any time!

There are apparently NO marquee images on the internet for this game.  If you come across one, feel free to let me know and I'll update the first post with it.  The current one I have is a Photoshop I just made of the Title Screen.  Works good enough I guess, but a legit marquee would be better!

Fast Lane is a 1987 arcade game created by Konami. The game is a clone of Sega's Head On from 1979 with improved graphics and some additional features. The player controls a red sports car that attempts to avoid crashing head on with a blue truck.[1]

-Quote from Wikipedia.

That's why I like these extra bonus games.  There are so many games out there, and I guarantee nobody's played them all (at least if you're not on the dev team).  Having bonus games gives people a chance to showcase a game they like that might not be hugely popular.  Gives it a chance to shine.  :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 2

On 11/16/2016 at 11:04 PM, patrickfx said:

Funny game !  After 5 or 6 games, i'm used to the rotation of the cars.  

Cynicaster, where did you play this game first ? On arcade ?  

I made 56440 :)

I never saw this game on a real arcade cabinet; in fact, I think it's a pretty rare game.  I think I discovered it from reading an article about "hidden gems" in MAME. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Wow this game is hella fun!  I wish I participated when the scores were coming in.  Hard to believe we're still on the first page of entries, and only 3 top submissions so far.  This game is awesome!  I'm going to play it a lot more now that I'm familiar with it.  Took me a while to wrap my head around all the stuff happening, but it's great now.  A little shucked for the lower score, but hey.. can't win them all!

Score: 112,060
Initials: HAN
Stage: 6

0000.png

Updated OP, DB, RSS

ps: When the stage/life starts, doesn't sound like the music starts out by saying "YEAH BOOOYEEEEE!!!!"... it's either that or "YEAH RIGHT" lol

• 11 months later...

I'm confused... which score do you want me to take?  The only one with your initials is 63,280.  But there is a score higher with AAA as the initials.  The confusing thing is that the AAA score is different than the 1P score of 63,280.  So either the AAA is your best run and a flubbed initial entry, or 63.280 is your official entry..  It's a difference of a few hundred points, I just wanted to make sure I enter in the one you're wanting.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...