All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

There can be only one....

tthurman

No wonder they gave 10 away. Avoid that customer backlash.

I'm still pissed at them for talking away DRM and replacing it with PlayReady and rendering my Napster subscription useless right after I renewed for a year. Grumble.

The market is a market, no people willing to buy = no market. DRM kills the market for legal music downloads IMO. I'd rather buy it on amazon to get a physical CD I can Rip and have DRM free mp3s. The only songs in my collection I can't play, are the ones I paid for on musicmatch jukebox in 2004. Musicmatch jukebox no longer exists, neither does my legal music aparantly. I can't update my license if the site 404s on me now can I? Maybe iTunes will be around in 10 years, maybe not. I'm not repeating that mistake again. Grumble.

Does the Musicmatch software still work so you can at least listen to the music?  I'm not familiar with it, like if it's an online only sort of deal.  But if you can at least listen to the music, there a bunch of audio grabbers out there (like screen grabbers) that you could use to just record the audio coming out as an unrestricted/lossless wav (cd) format.  Then you can compress it if you want into FLAC or MP3 or whatever.

18 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

Does the Musicmatch software still work so you can at least listen to the music?  I'm not familiar with it, like if it's an online only sort of deal.  But if you can at least listen to the music, there a bunch of audio grabbers out there (like screen grabbers) that you could use to just record the audio coming out as an unrestricted/lossless wav (cd) format.  Then you can compress it if you want into FLAC or MP3 or whatever.

Nope, it redirects to a webpage that no longer exists when I try to play it. It refuses to play until I renew my licensees, which I can't because they went under. Musicmatch Jukebox was like iTunes, just before or around the same time as iTunes. They kept track of purchased music linked to your account, just like iTunes. But if you transfer the music to another device, other than the one it was bought on, it would have to have the liscence renewed to play. The PC I bought them on in 2004 is long gone, and so is Musicmatch jukebox. Thus, no liscence renewing, no more music. Grumble...