All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Tiger Heli

OK, I find the way to beat all of you ! hahaha!  I just found tonight something very very interesting.   1 Week ago, I was looking at youtube somebody playing very good at Tiger Heli, I was surprise how he move around with so facilities.  Then, tonight I find why!  Accidently, I realize that my right joystick (2nd player) can move the tiger heli has well.  And just realize how I can move like crazy.  I just play 2 games with this right player joystick and get 122,000 with my wrong hand.  

Conclusion, my 10 years old left joystick is finish, time to change :)  The diagonals directions (45 degree) is still working but need to be press hard.

Watch out guys !  I will come back !

• Like 1

I don't know if we'll allow this tactic.  Not everybody has 2 controllers, and this might be giving you an unfair advantage.  Are you saying your left joystick isn't working as well as it used to, or are you saying the right joystick is just easier to play with?

23 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

I don't know if we'll allow this tactic.  Not everybody has 2 controllers, and this might be giving you an unfair advantage.  Are you saying your left joystick isn't working as well as it used to, or are you saying the right joystick is just easier to play with?

I say both!  The right joystick is better then the left.  No cheat here !!!  Why you talk about unfair tactic ?  Maybe its my english wording?

Anyway, i move my right joy to left, without moving the micro switch.  Same behavior.  So, next step it s to fix the microswitch.  No special tactic, just hardware improvement.  My arcade is 10 years old, she need some affection.

Right now, the diagonal movement is very hard.  So, 45, 130, 225 and 325 degree are difficukt to get!

I agree Cyn. 

That's fine.  I can imagine the left stick going bad before the right one if 99% of the time you're playing by yourself.  I thought perhaps you had discovered that using the right stick caused the game to play differently (moving your chopper around faster or the fire buttons to shoot faster, etc).  If it's simply a hardware issue, where the wear on the switches is causing your game to suffer, then by all means keep using the right stick!  I have no issue with that.

• Like 1

Ah man, you don't have to tell me about wearing out sticks!  After I wore out the original sticks from my XArcade machine which I got for Christmas in 2009, I got a set of Happ Competition Sticks.  Wore them both out in 2 years, bought another set.  They are currently in use, but I have a brand new set of Happs from my brother and they are just about ready to go in soon!!  I was rough on her from Tiger Heli.  

MO doesn't foresee getting any higher on Tiger Heli.  We'll see, I guess.

You like to laugh ! Me too it's happ controller on my diy arcade. Like I said before, when I move the right stick to the left, same behavior. I then think it was the switch. No. It s not.

I then realize the left stick was on 4 axis mode since 10 years. 😨😨😨😨😨😨😨

To get full 8 axis, you just need to change some piece orientation under the stick. Could you imagine, I play on 4 axis since 10 years.

I'm shy to tell you! Maybe it will help me to pass over this hahahah

Yeah, having a 4 way and an 8 way on the same cabinet is ideal.  Talk to Cynicaster, he has a cabinet that houses two 8 ways and one 4 way stick.  It is awesome to use 4 way sticks when you are playing a 4way game!  

MO

10 hours ago, patrickfx said:

There are a lot of good retro game.

Oh, you better believe it.  This competition has over a hundred.  And we aren't even scraping the surface of how many really good retro games there are.

MO

• Like 1

Time to throw some new Happs in my machine!  My brother got them for me awhile ago, I wanted to wear the current ones out a bit more.  I'm ready to replace now.  I have a day off today, so today is as good a day as any to replace the both of them.....

MO

Sorry for the delay folks.  Working retail is crazy around this time of year.  I only just now got some free time to log in here and update the threads and announce our winner.  Which, coming as no surprise, is none other than:

Mame Offender - 217,620 :link:

Congrats buddy, you earned it!  Stay tuned for our December GOTM!  And be on the lookout for our Bonus Game!  With a 4-way tie in the November poll, it's up to MO to provide it!

• 2 months later...

Uhg this game is insanely difficult!  Seems like the tanks fire faster than you can move, and their targeting is pretty near perfect.  Will definitely come back and play this one again in the future.  Right now I'm just home recovering from the oral surgery and getting some scores posted on games I don't have any yet.

Score: 47,550
Initials: HAN
Stage: 2 (although it says in the high score table "11")

0000.png

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 4 months later...

Pew Pew Pew!  I forgot all about this game.  I was playing on my NESPI I built and saw this.  I was going to play it again and just never did.  Thanks for reminding me (and us)!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 7 months later...