All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Favorites Snaps not showing

mgede

I recently switched to custom menus and I noticed that favorites and most played games aren't showing any snap / videos on home menu.

If I disable custom menus, they will load again when hovering on the menu item (fav, most). How can they show even in custom menus?

Also, I've noticed a new shaking effect while scrolling the gamelist up and down on last gameex, is there a way to disable this?

Thanks for looking into that, Tom.

The version I'm using is 14.11. Something has changed in the animation of the game list between this and the last one. 

Will try to check with default install and theme instead of updating current version with my custom theme.

7 minutes ago, mgede said:

The version I'm using is 14.11.

We are currently at version 14.59. You will likely need to upgrade to the most recent version of GameEx as that version has long been deprecated.

You are right, if I can figure out how to disable that animation and manage to get time to update the theme to last version I will update to current release.

Anyways, last version is also having same annoying issues that are:

The snaps aren't showing (Tom is checking this already)

Neogeo listing seems to be broken with mame 178.

Your theme choice shouldn't matter as the themes are version neutral. I will suggest opening a separate thread for the Neo-Geo issue if it is a GameEX issue so as to not muddy the waters of the issue you initially reported in this thread.

The 'shaking' issue sounds similar to what was going on in this thread.

In that thread, I was able to replicate the shaking when GameEx was set to full screen, but then it "corrected itself" during my testing. Where the thread was left was that I felt it needed another tester to try and replicate the issue.

If mgede says that by enabling/disabling custom menus the issue can be made to go away, that is some helpful info.

Sorry you missunderstood it, the comparison in the videos is between Gameex last version and 14.11.

The issue about custom menus shouldn't be related and the reason I posted both problems here is because didn't want to spam the forum.

37 minutes ago, mgede said:

Sorry you missunderstood it, the comparison in the videos is between Gameex last version and 14.11.

The issue about custom menus shouldn't be related and the reason I posted both problems here is because didn't want to spam the forum.

No problem. Thanks for clarifying it.

Also, if you have more than one issue and you are reasonably certain they are unrelated, it is often better to create a separate thread for each. It can make troubleshooting a bit easier since all of the conversation is related to one issue. No worries though. There are several sets of eyes looking this over now.   :)