All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Run Steam games completely outside of GameEx

NESMachine

I have a few Steam games that will not work through GameEx or through Steam big picture but run fine if I execute the exe directly from the folder. I tried setting it up as a PC game but it will not run from a shortcut either. Is there a way to automate it so when I select the game gameex will shut down and then launch game and when I quit the game gameex starts up again so gameex is not running in background when games playing? Thank You

With what games are you having this issue? Are other Steam games working fine through GameEx? 

Please attach a copy of your gameex.ini and log.txt files in reply to this post. The log.txt should be after a failed launch. Thanks! 

13 hours ago, NESMachine said:

I have a few Steam games that will not work through GameEx or through Steam big picture but run fine if I execute the exe directly from the folder. I tried setting it up as a PC game but it will not run from a shortcut either. Is there a way to automate it so when I select the game gameex will shut down and then launch game and when I quit the game gameex starts up again so gameex is not running in background when games playing? Thank You

Hi. Not sure if this is the solution you are looking for but i will tell you how I got around this issue.

I use a software called kodi to launch gameex and steam big picture seperately. All 3 softwares are controlled by xbox 360 controller. perfect workaround, 

IMG_20161023_203756.jpg

Draco 1962 I included the Gamex.ini and Log.txt file. It is not effecting every Steam game only the You Do not Know Jack games which are older games but dont see what effect that should have and also dont know why I couldnt create shortcuts to the main exe since they open ok from folder and set them up as regular PC games.

Thank You.

GameEx.ini

log.txt

meshflesh I have kodi for movies but don't understand how launching them from there would work since it wont work from Big Picture if I go directly to it or GameEx. I was hoping for a solution that seemed more intergrated with GameEx or I can just go to the folder and run EXE and play games but that takes away from the front end interface.

4 hours ago, NESMachine said:

meshflesh I have kodi for movies but don't understand how launching them from there would work since it wont work from Big Picture if I go directly to it or GameEx. I was hoping for a solution that seemed more intergrated with GameEx or I can just go to the folder and run EXE and play games but that takes away from the front end interface.

ahh i see. I i misread your post. I didnt realize that you couldnt launch certain games from Steam bp.