All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] Marquee Masher

stigzler

So mostly working now.  The only thing that doesn't quite work right is marquee behavior when gameex goes into it's screensaver mode and cycles through game demo videos.  The marque goes back to windows desktop rather than the marque images, either default or for the game being demo'd.  Any ideas?

Edit - better log files

MMLog.log

Edited by benny32
logs

Is it just not able to recover from attract mode?  Should I just disable it?  It seems like it should based on the fact that setting exists for it in Marquee Masher but I don't seem to be able to find any information for how it's supposed to work or how to make it work.

stigzler - quick question sir....this plugin you've made is hands down incredible sir. Works right out of the box and with no trouble what-so-ever. Do you accept paypal donations so I can buy you a beer, tea, coffee, etc. to say thank you?

Thank you so much for all your time and work on this plugin!

Cheers,

OSG

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

I guess this would be a feature request but would it be possible to have the Artwork overlay on top of another image. 

I think most Marquee artwork are PNG files so I'd like to have a picture behind the Marquee artwork instead of having black around it. Does that make sense? Could it be done?

Thanks 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, madmic said:

OK I just found out about this plugin. Is there anywhere that gives you a step by step on getting it working? I have no clue where to begin. Any help would be great. 

Thanks

OK so I got it working. The only thing is now when loading or exiting a game the grayed out no banner shows up on the main screen. Any input on how to fix that. Loving this plugin. Too bad those actual marquee size monitors are so damn expensive.

11 hours ago, madmic said:

OK so I got it working. The only thing is now when loading or exiting a game the grayed out no banner shows up on the main screen. Any input on how to fix that. Loving this plugin. Too bad those actual marquee size monitors are so damn expensive.

So I notice that a bunch of the times, when exiting out of a game and then backing out of mame list, I also lose my controls. I have to alt tab to get them back. IS there anywhere that discusses this or shows how to fix that. Again, really dig this plugin but could use some help with it.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

OK so I have been running GameEX Arcade edition and also using the marquee masher plugin. Loving it. Friends are blown away by it. Everything is working great but now I am wondering if there is a way for just on a game like Super Punch-Out I could get the 2nd screen to display the info screen(score,Stats) from the game. When I go into mame settings menu it lets you pick a whole bunch of different video settings but all of it is just on the main screen. Also would like to try and figure out how to get it to also work with the bezels I've been setting up for all my games. I know....one step at a time. If I can figure it out it would be cool, if not it's not really a big deal, I kinda always sucked at the game anyway. ;-)
Any help, tips, directions are always appreciated. 
Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

So is or has anybody successfully run marquee masher and used Aimtrack light guns? If so could somebody point me in the right direction as far as configuring it. When I have dual monitors enabled it messes with the light guns. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/29/2019 at 5:08 PM, madmic said:

So is or has anybody successfully run marquee masher and used Aimtrack light guns? If so could somebody point me in the right direction as far as configuring it. When I have dual monitors enabled it messes with the light guns. 

I know this is an old post but just in case someone needs some help I finally got my Guns working with a dual monitor setup for Marquee Masher.

I found a program called Dual Monitor Tools that runs in the background and you can restrict the mouse (guns) to only the primary screen.

Its super easy, check a box and its done. Now my guns are working fine (still need to figure out better accuracy but totally playable after years of just having them sit there.

Here's a Link

http://dualmonitortool.sourceforge.net/dmt_cursor.html

Home that helps someone

Just a side note, turn off all the hotkeys in DMT

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

HI,

Ive been using MM for quite awhile without issues. Yesterday I went to add a new game to my cab and then headed over to make a Marquee for it.

The Marquee masher config tool is acting wonky. When I go to select the graphic file it says its not a valid graphic file (but it is. I go check some of the ones I had done before and it does the same. Then when I try to exit the config tool I get an error about running out of system memory. I can't exit I have to kill the process. 

When loading a game in GameEx the Marquees work file EXCEPT the newest one I'm trying to load.

Like I said it's been working fine untouched, but just now its not playing nice. 

Any Ideas???

Ive Attached the ERROR i copied and my MM log.

Thanks

PS: the game thats not showing a Marquee is at the end of the Log file (Mighty Pups Save Adventure Bay) (Please dont judge) :blink:

Marquee Masher error.txt MMLog.log

Not sure if reinstalling the plugin will help or not but may be worth a try. As for support, Stigzler has noted that he has halted development and support for his plugins/apps. That doesn't mean he may not chime in but I would not expect a response.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Me again (Sorry)

So I figured out my last issue which was that my images were just too big (High Res) so I guess I was maxing out my memory. I resized them all and all is working fine.

I have a question, and I know MM isn't "supported" anymore but maybe someone knows a work around???

Is there any way to kill Marquee Masher when a specific "emulator" loads and then load it back again when that Emulator is exited back to Game Ex? I would just like to have both monitors free to load a program and not have the Marquee show a Marquee Masher image.

Thanks

• 1 month later...