All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] Marquee Masher

stigzler

Hello I recently installed the latest version GameEx ... and pluggin Marquee Masher ... would like a step by step tutorial on how to put a marquee on the 2nd monitor ...... I already have the marquee folder of my MAME games .

graciously:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, stigzler said:

A little more detail about what you're struggling with and I may be able to help.

Hi Stigzler,

thanks for your great Marquee Masher, I just installed and configured it successfully :)

Unfortunately it is not possible to select the built-in emulator for Daphne as marquee source. Is it really not possible or have I done something wrong ?

6 hours ago, Ginsonic said:

Unfortunately it is not possible to select the built-in emulator for Daphne as marquee source. Is it really not possible or have I done something wrong ?

Great nic. No - you haven't done anything wrong. I just hadn't got round to lining up MM to work with the 'built in' emulators. I'll take a look at that some point this weekend. 

1 hour ago, ShynWagner said:

You can place a moving sign on MarqueeMasher ???

Not with MarqueeMasher, but you can with CPWizBiz

Mind you, if you struggled with setting up MM, you're likely to be baffled by this! Also, when I get round to it, there's a brand new version of this to be released - so if you do download the present, I'd suggest you do this only to experiment with, and await the new release for you final deployed install. 

11 hours ago, stigzler said:

Great nic. No - you haven't done anything wrong. I just hadn't got round to lining up MM to work with the 'built in' emulators. I'll take a look at that some point this weekend. 

Perfect :D Thanks a lot !

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey @stigzler, I'm having a bit of an issue. I keep getting an error when trying to use the latest update. I haven't updated for the last 3 or 4 releases. Anyway an error pops up (I'll post a picture of it) when I run game or when I try to mess with the settings in the Setup Wizard. I uninstalled GameEx and reinstalled and I'm still getting the error. I'm not sure if this matters or not, but I did not have to reapply the GameEx registry key when I reinstalled, so that remained unchanged. I'm going to get you logs and stuff tomorrow. Also, we just moved, so I'm only able to work on it for a limited amount of time. Thanks for your help in advance.

IMG_20170318_133210252.jpg

Sorry you're having probs, Kustom. I am a little confused though - is your problem with MarqueeMasher or Setup wizard? 

If you're suspecting MarqueeMasher maybe knocking other things out, just move Plugins>MarqueeMasher (folder) and Plugins>MarqueeMasher.dll out of the GameEx folder (and somewhere for safe keeping). Let me know how you get on.

It's showing that there's already a version of Marquee Masher installed. I moved removed everything from the plugins folder and it showed MM as installed still. The picture I posted was after I completely uninstalled GameEx and reinstalled from scratch. I'm probably not explaining it very well either.

@Kustom KidYerp - still not sure - the error is being thrown by the Setup Wizard, not by MarqueeMasher, although it could be the interaction of the two. 

Again, you can totally remove MarqueeMasher from the plugins directory to help you isolate the problem. If you still get that error - it's something else. 

If the plugin is removed, or disabled, I don't get the error. What's weird was I uninstalled GameEx, then reinstalled it, set it up, then tried Marquee Masher and I got that error again. I'll dig deeper into it when I get a chance. It's baffling me to no end.

@Kustom KidOK - recreate the error then upload:

GameEx>LOG>SetupWizard.log

GameEx>Plugins>MarqueeMasher>MMLog.log

GameEx>CONFIG>GameEx.ini

It might be worth bringing @headkaze into this too, as the error originates from Setup Wizard. It's looking to add an item twice - so maybe MM is getting added twice or something? dunno