All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] Marquee Masher

stigzler

Of course, that’s what I meant.

I have a few games under the external application part of  game ex , but the marquee masher config app  doesn’t list them into the “systems” scroll down menu (only emulators).

Of course my default marquee is displayed, but I was wondering if it was possible to assign a different marquee for every external application game within game ex.

Thank you for the quick eply.

YMMV but the thread below instructs on how I have setup PC games to play via an emulator slot using LNK (Windows shortcut) files, which is what you would likely need to do to get MarqueeMasher to work with your setup:

Setup for media would be the same as for an actual emulator.

On 2/9/2021 at 8:06 PM, Phantom said:

Hi Me again (Sorry)

So I figured out my last issue which was that my images were just too big (High Res) so I guess I was maxing out my memory. I resized them all and all is working fine.

I have a question, and I know MM isn't "supported" anymore but maybe someone knows a work around???

Is there any way to kill Marquee Masher when a specific "emulator" loads and then load it back again when that Emulator is exited back to Game Ex? I would just like to have both monitors free to load a program and not have the Marquee show a Marquee Masher image.

Thanks

Hi. I feel bad about not supporting my p!ugins. Truth is, just so stretched for time. How did you get on with this? I'm happy to dust off my repo for this and setup a testing environment if required. You'd have to be patient though...

@Draco1962 thanks for filling in buddy.

• Like 1

Hey stigzler 

Don't feel bad, the plugin has been working great. Any issue I've had is just from my tinkering.  I got the Memory issue resolved by reducing the image sizes.

The only other thing I was trying to get working was to have MarqueMasher allow a program to show. Is there anyway to even close the plugin when a program launches and then load it back when exiting back to GameEx? (I'm using the Spotify program on the TV and then MusixMatch to show the song lyrics on the Marquee) I have it all working but when MarqueeMasher in enabled it doesn't let MusixMatch to come to the front.

I appreciate you checking in and don't want to take your time with my crazy ideas but if ever you're bored..... :lol:

Thanks for the Awesome plugin

Nelson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I’ve had a problem for quite a while and only now realized it’s Marquee Masher that seems to be the issue.

When I exit GameEx, it doesn’t close completely. I have to go into the task manager and kill the process. I just discovered that when I disable Marquee Masher this problem doesn’t exist.

Any idea what could be the cause?

thanks

EDIT: I’ve been trying to enable Logging and/or Debug in Marquee Masher and when I do, the plug-in doesn’t start. Not sure if it has something to do with my other problem 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Phantom
Added more info

• 1 year later...

Oh Mr. stigzler,

Been a while since i posted here.  Not sure if you monitor this forum on a regular basis but hoping you'll see this.  Long time user of your products, both Marquee Masher and cpwizard.  Use cpwizard to generate a 1920x1080 image for all games. Use MM to show those images on a 2nd monitor.  Works great for Mame and Daphne games. Recently added a couple Teknoparrot games to my GameEx favs, although one requires launching without the Teknoparrot GUI.  Anyway, the proper image for those games appears but is shrunk and offset on the 2nd monitor.  From what I can tell has something to do with the primary monitor rez being changed upon launch of those games and is creating the problem for the 2nd monitor.  Is there maybe a pause I can implement to allow the 1st monitor to change rez before displaying MM on the 2nd? 

Thank you.

20 hours ago, 8trek said:

Oh Mr. stigzler,

Been a while since i posted here.  Not sure if you monitor this forum on a regular basis but hoping you'll see this.  Long time user of your products, both Marquee Masher and cpwizard.  Use cpwizard to generate a 1920x1080 image for all games. Use MM to show those images on a 2nd monitor.  Works great for Mame and Daphne games. Recently added a couple Teknoparrot games to my GameEx favs, although one requires launching without the Teknoparrot GUI.  Anyway, the proper image for those games appears but is shrunk and offset on the 2nd monitor.  From what I can tell has something to do with the primary monitor rez being changed upon launch of those games and is creating the problem for the 2nd monitor.  Is there maybe a pause I can implement to allow the 1st monitor to change rez before displaying MM on the 2nd? 

Thank you.

Hey. Sorry don't maintain this anymore. I can't even remember how it works. If there's facility to change the size of the image, why don't you just times it by the factor that the secondary screen is shrinking. E.g. of screen two is going from 1920 to half that, set the image size to twice that. I recall you can offset the image, so you could try changing that for the positioning. I also wrote a plugin called infoz. You could try messing around with that, although I lost patience developing for that due to constrictions around .net framework versions and impact on libraries. Not even sure it works in the wild. 🤷‍♂️

It's a bit more complex than that, but realize i didn't do a very good job of explaining.  It appears to be cutting off the image and shifting it.  It's not the end of the world, just thought i'd ask... sounds like you're pretty far removed from this old project and i get it.  I've tried a bunch of things but nothing is working other than found settings for the actual games that allow me to change the primary rez of the game itself to match the default 1920x1080 which comes with its own set of issues.  For just a few games I'm thinking i may try to come up with my own script to display the image and maybe force the resolution on the 2nd monitor to change back (if that's what is happening).