All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] Marquee Masher

stigzler

Well, quick update.  While I did get Marquee Masher running easily, I just discovered that Gameex no longer supports launching MAME games via rocketlauncher.  So, now I have marquees but I lost Bezel support in Gameex.  So, back to Launchbox for the moment: What I need now is a marquee solution for Launchbox since the native marquee display doesnt work for me.

8 hours ago, DrEvil said:

Well, quick update.  While I did get Marquee Masher running easily, I just discovered that Gameex no longer supports launching MAME games via rocketlauncher.  So, now I have marquees but I lost Bezel support in Gameex.  So, back to Launchbox for the moment: What I need now is a marquee solution for Launchbox since the native marquee display doesnt work for me.

GameEx will launch anything with a command line so to say that it won't launch MAME via RocketLauncher is incorrect as we have others that do so.

I do not use it but if you choose to troubleshoot this, open a new thread in the GameEx General forum and attach copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files for review.

3 hours ago, stigzler said:

CPWizBiz will also display Marquees for you - it's stand-alone so not front end specific. You'll just have to make some time and effort to learn how it works. btw - that was also written by me.

I have dabbled with it.  Unfortunately I find it very complex and while there are some videos out there, they simply show someone demoing and clicking around to music.  If there was a detailed tutorial I would look into it again.

• 1 month later...

Dataerror:

I have been using MM and it is great on my 3 monitor cab.  I just added Sega Model 2 and now when I go to Setup Wizard>Setup Plugins>Configure Marquee Masher I get a Dataerror box popup.  Mind you, the systems already setup still work with MM in Gameex, I just no longer have the ability to edit MM settings using the Setup Wizard GUI

image.png.00debb26331c3efb4dbce074b0ce1a6e.png

• 7 months later...

getting an unhandled exception error when attempting to run this program or configure within gameex.... odd was working for many months... didn't update gameex or the plugin... however went ahead and grabbed the latest version of the plugin but doesn't help.... any ideas... tried searching for this but come up empty

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '1' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at GameEx.Configuration.Setup()
   at GameEx.Configuration.Configuration_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8784 (QFE.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SetupWizard
    Assembly Version: 1.0.6373.31032
    Win32 Version: 1.0.6373.31032
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ARCADE/GameEx/SetupWizard.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8770 (QFE.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5495 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
HeadTools
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ARCADE/GameEx/HeadTools.DLL
HeadFrontEnd
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ARCADE/GameEx/HeadFrontEnd.DLL
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8773 (QFE.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Management
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8766 (QFE.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
HeadDriveInfo
    Assembly Version: 1.0.6290.40772
    Win32 Version: 
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ARCADE/GameEx/HeadDriveInfo.DLL
msvcm90
    Assembly Version: 9.0.30729.6161
    Win32 Version: 9.00.30729.6161
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57/msvcm90.dll
MarqueeMasher
    Assembly Version: 1.0.6575.39568
    Win32 Version: 1.0.6575.39568
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ARCADE/GameEx/PLUGINS/MarqueeMasher.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8762 (QFE.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

updating this issue...  went so far as to revert back to a disk image taken at the beginning of the year and the issue still persists....  still getting error message above when launching gameex if the mm plugin is loaded or if i try to configure the plugin inside gameex.

• 2 months later...

Is there any way to get previously released versions of the plugin? I started from scratch with most of my emulators and for that matter my Gameex setup. I just got my 2nd monitor up and running again and revisited Marquee Masher and I can't get the new version (at time of writing version 1.4.22) to let me add directories. It's been a while since I set it up last time so maybe I'm missing something obvious but it seemed to work right when I downloaded it last time.

Marquee Masher.png

That fixed my directory issue perfect. Unfortunately I keep getting no banner displayed over my primary monitor. The secondary monitor (I'm using for the artwork) is working perfect but once I'm in a game list and the artwork shows up on my second screen so does the "No Banner" image over my primary screen. 

Changelog.txt

MMLog.log

settings.ini

On 9/9/2017 at 10:40 PM, DrEvil said:

I just discovered that Gameex no longer supports launching MAME games via rocketlauncher. 

If it launches via  a command line, then GameEx can launch it. Maybe submitting a problem thread in the GameEx>General subforum with copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files can help you to get the issue resolved.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to get this to run on my secondary monitor.  No matter what I setup as P1 and S1 both try to display on the main gameex display and not the secondary.  I have attached the log file to see what it is I am doing wrong here.  I've also attached some screen shots of my plugin settings.  I'm also a bit confused about the primary/secondary definition.  When I specify the primary folder 1 it overwrites my gameex mame screen with the art work but nothing every shows up on my second monitor not matter what I set in S1.

Thanks!

primary.jpg

secondary.jpg

MMLog.log