All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Nintendo Switch

tthurman

I was a bit disappointed to read the controller is busy and somewhat awkward, but it also didn't come as a complete surprise just from looking at it.  The deluxe controller almost looks like a must for home use.

I hear you though, and I'm not sure the PS3 wasn't my last console, but I'll hold off making any commitments as far as that's concerned.  Currently I'm back into my original XBOX's, as they make for a perfect quick fix for me!

• 1 month later...

Wow, while Nintendo has been known to release the occasional dud, their hardware has typically been top notch.  This unit looked to have so much potential, it's a shame that it looks to be so flawed, on many levels.

I haven't been able to purchase it yet since I missed the preorders at work but I have been able to use them. I have to say I DO like it. Needed a much better array of launch titles but I honestly think this will be a very nice console especially with the selling point of pick up and keep playing on the go. That part works awesome too. :)

Im kinda swaying to what ClassicGMR is saying, I took up the chance to play a switch at my nephews house yesterday.

We played Bomberman and the new Zelda, it was a pretty decent experience but I could never see myself owning a switch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but a Switch exploit has already been found that grants full access prior to boot and it will require a hardware revision to address. I'll let you Google for details, since it's frowned upon to talk about that stuff at length here.

That's kind of been the "kiss of death" for any of Nintendo's more recent wave of systems... You'd think they'd have a much more robust security team by this point. If you see a sharp drop off 1st party support, it's pretty much over.

It's a little more than a tablet... Ours stays in the dock 99% of the time.

It's kinda of like a hybrid between a Wii U and a tablet really, I suppose you could say.

Nintendo fanboy over here though, I really love me some Pokemon/SMB/Mario Kart/Zelda/Metroid/etc. They can do no wrong by me!

And Golf Story may be one of the best indie games I've ever played. Can't get enough of it!

Did it end up suffering a lot of the issues everybody was worried about?  Like constantly scratching the screen going into the dock, or getting the controllers stuck together because they didn't connect right, or problems with vertical/horizontal lines, stuck pixels, etc?  Seemed like they really crapped the first run from all the bad reviews.

On 1/6/2018 at 11:17 PM, hansolo77 said:

Did it end up suffering a lot of the issues everybody was worried about?  Like constantly scratching the screen going into the dock, or getting the controllers stuck together because they didn't connect right, or problems with vertical/horizontal lines, stuck pixels, etc?  Seemed like they really crapped the first run from all the bad reviews.

I have had zero issues with any of this.

For what it's worth:

I absolutely love my Switch. I have been playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and it is amazing. Granted... it is Skyrim and you can play that on any refrigerator or the GPS in your Honda Accord nowadays but wow... portable Skyrim rules.

I also have played through Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and I absolutely loved that as well. That is a great strategy game and, even with the comic relief and weird characters, it was really tough to play through and makes you think about what you are going to do.

Mario Kart is... well... Mario Kart. It's a good game but it always is on any console.

As for the console itself there is nothing better than being able to take the Switch out of the dock and play the exact game from the exact spot you left off at and just go. I thought it would be off-putting to go from my 32" tv to the portable screen but it doesn't bother me at all.

I haven't bought Zelda as yet(still on my wants list along with Golf Story) but soon.

My $0.02? Totally worth it.