All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx/Mame

MikeyMike78

Hi everyone,

I am new to GameEx (used to use Mala 174).  I am using the setup wizard, but I can't seem to get just the Mame roms that I have to display.  GameEx is continuously pulling a gigantic list.  How can I get just the roms that I have on my drive to show, and not what is available online?

Thanks!

Thanks DazzleHP!  That worked!... almost :(

When GameEx tries to update the game list it gets stuck at "Creating Verify.dat (55%)".   I just tried a quick search, and most posts said to check my roms.  They all work just fine with my version of MAME 155b I have been using them for a while now.

Any thoughts on why this would be getting hung up?

On 03/10/2016 at 4:32 AM, MikeyMike78 said:

LMAO.  After 10minutes and hitting submit on my previous post, GameEx just updated.  It's all good now! :D

Patience is the one thing we cannot deal out to people, with an update or a patch :P I get that these days everything is expected now! But the thing with databases is they take time - a lot of time! The more detailed and comprehensive they are, the longer they take. No matter your system or CPUs etc DB's will eat your comp :D

I considerate it a good sign when DBs eat my CPU ;)

Glad you got it sorted though Mikey! Don't hesitate to drop by again if you have more queries, we'll be happy to help.

• Like 1