All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Track & Field

That's great!  We'd love to inspire the children.  Another good thing about the competition.  When we first started out, I tried to get my DAD involved, because this was his youth.  So I was asking him what games we should have, etc.  He never wants to play though, said his hand/eye coordination isn't good for old people anymore.  >smirk<

Updated Op Db, Rss!

PS, I could be a jerk, but I'll let it go with a warning.  You used PAT initials in the past, and this PAS makes it questionable.  I'll let it go this once because you're new to the competition, and S is pretty close T.  Just be careful and try not to let it happen frequently!  :)  This is important because we want to be fair and not have people going in and posting up screens they found on the internet trying to pass it off as theirs.  Thanks buddy!

Hey! About the PAS, I just hit the wrong button, you are right!.  I told to myself, bof, doesn't matter, the number and photo is the must important.  But then you just see it.  I will certainly make more attention to this for the future.  I'm 45 years old guy, if I have something to cheat, is not a track & field game competition. hihihi!  

Thanks for the one chance. 

OK, just to help my case, there is another screenshot with my initial PAT and the other score I made with the wrong PAS initial.  The keyboard you see is because I keep it not far since some button no more working on my board and I don't want to fix it for now.  Hope this remove all suspicious action.

Not bad 71380 also :) 

20161024_230147.jpg

Thanks for being a good sport about it @patrickfx :)  You're a keeper lol.

I know what you mean @rtkiii.  Sucks that you submitted this game and can't beat the best lol.  Not so good as you thought!  :P

I'm still going to try and play this again before the end of the month.  I've got the same excuse as everybody else it seems.  Just too busy to play games.  But that's ok.  Because like I tell everybody.. you don't have to compete in just the GOTM, there's all kinds of games to play.  And I'm sure with practice I can move my score up some.  Though I doubt I'll ever match our top 3!

Just a reminder to those playing for the GOTM tag... 1 week remaining!

OK, I just beat my own record tonigh.  I found a new way to go more fast !!! I just change the angle of my control panel to get almost no angle.  Then, it's more easy for my wrist.  

By the way, don't worry!!! I'm not good on all game but I can say I am competitive.  I realize some tips that can help.  On hurdle, if you jump near a hurdle, you can almost jump to the next one without having to run, seem to help...not 100% sure.

On hammer, it's so easy to get almost all bar, just press the button just before the end.  Just look the bar.  You will get around 92 to 99 meters.

The high jump, when you press the 1st button to jump, you can hits button to run, it's seem to help to go higher!  OK then, try this but don't beat me pleaseB)

20161025_213240.jpg

• Like 2

:o Wow man!  "We're not worthy!"  That's awesome.  If anybody deserves to win, it's you.  A newcomer winning his first game, that's uncommon but not unheard of.  Fingers crossed for ya, but I'm going to sneak in and beat ya, I can feel it lol.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Great level of participation this month on this classic, all. You made GameEx proud.

As for me, it's been a heck of a month on the personal level. But I did play this more than once. I just had to figure out the best way to hit the run buttons. I finally put up a decent score with a couple of world records, but not nearly as well as the rest of you!

ExedExes - 61,200

0004.png

• Like 2

I had the best game of my life and still came up over 2000 short so I called it quits.  One of the problems with this game, at least for me, is I can only play 2-3 rounds at a time before my performance starts to trail off due to fatigue in my fingers. 

75,330 (third score in list)

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

You know, those little battles are a lot of fun to watch!  

I'm hanging the cleats, I don't think I can get to 70 K.  But I will be watching the thread to see if RTKIII steals a Game Of The Month title from the new guy!

MO 

On 10/26/2016 at 10:53 AM, rtkiii said:

Sweet Patrick!....Yeah I do not think I can beat your score....I'll give it another shot but I think you got me... :)

You're not done yet buddy!

21 hours ago, ExedExes said:

Great level of participation this month on this classic, all. You made GameEx proud.

As for me, it's been a heck of a month on the personal level. But I did play this more than once. I just had to figure out the best way to hit the run buttons. I finally put up a decent score with a couple of world records, but not nearly as well as the rest of you!

ExedExes - 61,200

0004.png

Yes!  Seems like this game pulled a lot of players from the cracks in the woodwork.  I really appreciate it guys!  I've seriously been contemplating ending the whole thing.  I mean, what's the point of keeping it going if we only get 2 submissions a month?  It's just a lot of effort coming up with games to play, and even having 30 voters with only 3 players makes it seem like it's just a waste of time.  I only hope we have this much fun next month too!  (got your score added too buddy!)

5 hours ago, Cynicaster said:

I had the best game of my life and still came up over 2000 short so I called it quits.  One of the problems with this game, at least for me, is I can only play 2-3 rounds at a time before my performance starts to trail off due to fatigue in my fingers. 

75,330 (third score in list)

Capture.JPG

I hear you loud and clear on that fatigue man.  I can only go "mach 20" on my hand for like 2 rounds, then I have to give it a break!  Ok, that sounded really dirty lol!!

Unless there are any last minute entries, I'm calling the books closed on this with the new guy winning!  I have to work tomorrow, but I'll be home by 7:00pm EST.  I'll update the threads then.  But remember, the cut off time is 12:00am Hawaii Time if you still want to get submissions in.  That means you got like 9 more hours or so.

Thanks again guys for keeping this thread active this month!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

78,470 (3rd score on table)

Wow, I talked about having the "game of my life" on my 75k score, this one was something else.  I was on fire; I beat my long-standing personal bests on 100m, long jump, and hurdles, all in the same game.  I think through playing in this competition I've really improved my button mashing technique, which has enabled me to make steady improvements in score.  You need to have great timing on when to hit the jump button, but ultimately I think it is ability to run fast that sets up your chances at higher scores. 

@M.O. - the 2k bonus on javelin is obtained by hitting the bird twice, for 1000 pts each (I assume you're familiar with how to hit the bird?).  On events with 3 tries, you only receive points based on your best try.  So, in javelin you can use two of your tries to skewer the bird for 2k, then reserve the third try to get a decent toss for qualifying and points.  This approach is "worth it" so long as you get a decent toss relative to your usual.  For example, if your typical "real" throw is around 85m, and you manage to get close to that, then it's probably worth it to go for the birds because you need to beat 85m by quite a bit to get more than 2k extra.  

There is a similar trick on high jump.  If you purposely duff the first two attempts and then end up qualifying, you get your usual score plus a bonus of 1000.  Since you get 500 for each successful jump beyond qualifying, then the only way this one works in your favour is if you come within 1 jump of your "typical" performance.  For example, if you are normally good for 2.40, then if you sacrifice your first 2 tries to get the bonus, then the only way you come out ahead is if you manage to go all the way up to 2.39 on your last remaining try, because if you only get to 2.38 then you are pretty much sacrificing 1000 to get 1000.  If you get less than 2.38, you lose out.  Personally, I don't go for this bonus because I am not consistent enough at high jump.   

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cynicaster said:

78,470 (3rd score on table)

Wow, I talked about having the "game of my life" on my 75k score, this one was something else.  I was on fire; I beat my long-standing personal bests on 100m, long jump, and hurdles, all in the same game.  I think through playing in this competition I've really improved my button mashing technique, which has enabled me to make steady improvements in score.  You need to have great timing on when to hit the jump button, but ultimately I think it is ability to run fast that sets up your chances at higher scores. 

@M.O. - the 2k bonus on javelin is obtained by hitting the bird twice, for 1000 pts each (I assume you're familiar with how to hit the bird?).  On events with 3 tries, you only receive points based on your best try.  So, in javelin you can use two of your tries to skewer the bird for 2k, then reserve the third try to get a decent toss for qualifying and points.  This approach is "worth it" so long as you get a decent toss relative to your usual.  For example, if your typical "real" throw is around 85m, and you manage to get close to that, then it's probably worth it to go for the birds because you need to beat 85m by quite a bit to get more than 2k extra.  

There is a similar trick on high jump.  If you purposely duff the first two attempts and then end up qualifying, you get your usual score plus a bonus of 1000.  Since you get 500 for each successful jump beyond qualifying, then the only way this one works in your favour is if you come within 1 jump of your "typical" performance.  For example, if you are normally good for 2.40, then if you sacrifice your first 2 tries to get the bonus, then the only way you come out ahead is if you manage to go all the way up to 2.39 on your last remaining try, because if you only get to 2.38 then you are pretty much sacrificing 1000 to get 1000.  If you get less than 2.38, you lose out.  Personally, I don't go for this bonus because I am not consistent enough at high jump.   

Capture.PNG

I didn't expect to see the Cynner come outta nowhere and take the title!!!  Very well done!!

As for the score tricks, I was oblivious to the high jump trick.  

Well guys, I look to reign next month's game!  Many a quarters were used to fly that Chopper around those glowing bullets.

Good game this month guys!  Thanks for making it exciting.  And you got it Patrick... Next time, Next Month!  As long as there is interest, we'll keep adding more games on a monthly competition.  But just because this game's month to shine is over, doesn't mean you still can't try and beat Cynicaster at his game!  I actually look forward to seeing somebody beat the GOTM score, so keep those scores coming in.  And thanks RTKIII for suggesting this great and popular game!  Here's the official announcement!

October 2016 GOTM Winner: @Cynicaster - 78,470 (link)

Thanks again guys, stay tuned for November's Game!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 2

Great month and congrats to everyone who played...such a great and approachable game.  I cannot wait to go to Galloping Ghost so I can see how I hold up on an actual TF cabinet vs my mame Cabinet.

• Like 1