All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Track & Field

5 hours ago, rtkiii said:

Great month and congrats to everyone who played...such a great and approachable game.  I cannot wait to go to Galloping Ghost so I can see how I hold up on an actual TF cabinet vs my mame Cabinet.

I was thinking the same thing.  I remember playing Track and Field at Galloping Ghost about 2 years ago.  My MAME cabinet has micro-switch buttons and I believe the real machine has leaf spring buttons that purportedly make the really fast speeds possible with the right technique. 

On 11/2/2016 at 9:51 AM, rtkiii said:

Question - Have the banners gone away since GC has taken a break?  If so I would not mind assisting with creating them going forward until GC returns..let me know.

Yes, they've "gone away".  GC created them manually, rather than some script built into the DB manager.  It might be possible for Adultery to tweak the program to come up with something, since we already include a link to the marquee as part of the table generation.  I'll let you know.

4 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

Yes, they've "gone away".  GC created them manually, rather than some script built into the DB manager.  It might be possible for Adultery to tweak the program to come up with something, since we already include a link to the marquee as part of the table generation.  I'll let you know.

If I get the dimensions I could come up with something manual.  One a month isn't a big deal :)  Let me know

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Aha! The trick to the high jump is that you need to constantly adjust the jump angle as you complete the jump. It's not just a one-press thing like all the other events. Quickly tap the button a single time to take off, then add angle as needed to get over the bar.

20170712072855.jpg

• Like 1

Nice to see this one still getting some love.  I cannot wait until I can give this another go down the road.  I think I put the most time into this one and still could not pull out #1 spot.

It might not have been deliberate, but the game designers back in the day probably didn't think of all quaters they got just from people trying to figure out how to play it lol.  I mean, if a game is 1 quarter, and game over if you fault 3 times (or whatever it is), you're out.  So do you move on to a different game or keep playing hoping to figure out how to play?  Either really smart programmers, or just really dumb programmers.  :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Photobucket must've starting really restricting how much you can view uploaded images. GC's scores in this thread are already hidden, as is the banner on the main leaderboard. 

To the best of my knowledge, imgur doesn't limit how much you can view uploaded images.

• Like 1

On 15-7-2017 at 5:52 AM, millerbrad said:

Photobucket must've starting really restricting how much you can view uploaded images. GC's scores in this thread are already hidden, as is the banner on the main leaderboard. 

To the best of my knowledge, imgur doesn't limit how much you can view uploaded images.

That sucks...and upgrading Photobucket is 300-400 dollars annualy. No option of course !

What software do you guys use for uploading your screenshots ?  I'll look into Imgur. Any other ideas ?

~ GC

18 minutes ago, rtkiii said:

I just upload directly to GameEx Forum.  No other site needed for scores.

Hello Rich ! Do you select the image from you harddrive folder ? You don't upload images with an url link from a 3rd party website. Am I correct ? 

I have to use a 3rd party for the gotm award banner if I'm not misstaken ? Other users have those banners in their signature and this would only work with an image url right ? 

I was also wondering which method uses the most MB in regard to your GE account maximum (image) MB upload.

GC - you are right...I forgot about the signatures, yeah those need a url.  But score postings do not.  I just hit upload and select a file on my computer...then Boom...but alas does not help with signature issue.

Maybe you could move all those files to imgbb like Han suggested or someone here can create a GAMEEx Banner for imgbb account for them to be stored on?

I don't know about GE limits either...but did just look.  There is a 500MB limit...I am at 11%  after all this time. :)  So yeah if you are more active in the forums and post images for other subtopics maybe this is not good for you either.

You have used 54.04 MB of your 498.05 MB attachment limit.  I have 231 total attachments.

• 2 years later...