All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Custom Background for Custom Menu in Theme

stigzler

Heyup,

So - I'm using custom menus. I'm wanting to use custom theme backgrounds for custom menus I create. For example, I have created a custom menu called "Games" under the Home page. I'd like GE to display a custom 'games' page background. Following the usual logic, I placed an image in the Media folder and called it "Games" - no joy. :( 

Cannot find any options in Theme Editor, nor any obvious methods enabled via the Theme.ini.

Anyone got any pearls of wisdom?

Hey Stigz,

Unfortunately this is not how Customs Menus works. Many people have requested this and it would take some work to acclomplish, i too would like to see it happen.

But, to put it bluntly, when broken down, Custom Menus in their simplest of forms are just shortcuts. They have no special properties and do not adjust any system files within the FE itself. All they do, in a very convenient way, is link to systems that have already been set.

Just like if you installed a program in your OS, you made a shortcut on your desktop, you then altered the SHORTCUT, but not the program itself, Custom Menus work on that level. They only refer to the base program, and if that gets altered... the shortcut is rendered void ;) or at least a new shortcut should be made. You get me? :P

Cheers dazzle. Yerp, get it. So question being, can gameex pick up its a non-module page and consequently look for a background of the shortcut name.

Thanks draco, I'll take a look. I did try enabling custom layouts,  but didnt see my page Nmes in theme editor. I also put "games_module" as the background image name. Still no dice.  But will check out that theme for any furthrr ideas

Naw - his custom layouts were on standard module screens not custom menu screens. However, @Krakerman - wicked theme, chap! Lots of work went into that + some quality work there. Doesn't match the theme of my cab, otherwise I'd be using it for sure. 

This on'es feeling like there's gonna be no joy. :(

I should really just be patient and wait for evo!

• Like 1