All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Problems with Quicklaunch...

the_greeze

Hi,

I'm using Quicklaunch with PinballX to start two apps when Pinball FX2 is started. The apps are DOFLinx and DMDExt.

I can get DOFLinx to start and terminate just fine with Quicklaunch but DMDExt is a different story. I get the following error: "Cannot Start Process" and then another message box with a few details about arguments etc.

If I click the 'okay' button in the message boxes, DMDExt will actually start. I have the same issue when quitting out of a Pinball FX2 table.

I'm using a .bat file to call DMDExt. I was trying to work around the problem as I get the same error if I call DMDExt.exe directly.

If I click away the error messages, it all runs perfectly. But how do I get rid of the errors please?

Any ideas? :blink:

This is my Settings.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<quicklaunch_pbx>
  <settings>
    <xml_ver>1.1</xml_ver>
    <created>24 September 2016 12:17:56</created>
    <debug>False</debug>
  </settings>
  <system name="Pinball FX2">
    <switch name="DOFLinx">
      <exepath>C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\Tables\plugins\directoutput\DOFLinx.exe</exepath>
      <command>PACLED64=1
      </command>
      <type>2</type>
    </switch>
  </system>

<switch name="">
      <exepath>C:\Pinballx\dmdext.bat</exepath>
      <command>
      </command>
      <type>2</type>
    </switch>
  </system>

<switch name="DOFLinxMsg">
      <exepath>C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\Tables\plugins\directoutput\DOFLinxMsg.exe</exepath>
      <command>QUIT
      </command>
      <type>1</type>
    </switch>
  </system>

<switch name="dmdext">
      <exepath>C:\Pinballx\dmdext_quit.bat</exepath>
      <command>
      </command>
      <type>1</type>
    </switch>
  </system>

</quicklaunch_pbx>

I find I have to both run PFX2 as an "other system"... AND I also have to run an exe file (converted from an AHK) that will run dmdext, then delay the launching of PFX2, so dmdext will work. I also have DOFLinx running in quicklauch.

Here is what I use in my AHK file:

Run, "c:\zip\dmdext\dmdext.exe" mirror --source=pinballfx2 -q -d virtual --virtual-stay-on-top --virtual-hide-grip --virtual-position 2234 1528 1280,,Hide 
Process, wait, dmdext.exe 

Sleep, 5000

I have the above code complied into a "dmdext_delay.exe" in my normal "Launch before" for PFX2. Just make sure to try PFX2 as an "other system". Have the "dmdext_delay.exe" run as admin.

I have DOFLinxMsg running in my Quicklaunch for "Launch Before", and I have the dmdext_delay.exe running with the normal "Launch Before".

Quicklaunch has a bug that doesn't save everything that you enter using the gui (at least for me ), so I just enter everything in the config file manually, and it all works great. 

36 minutes ago, TerryRed said:

I have DOFLinxMsg running in my Quicklaunch for "Launch Before", and I have the dmdext_delay.exe running with the normal "Launch Before".

Quicklaunch has a bug that doesn't save everything that you enter using the gui (at least for me ), so I just enter everything in the config file manually, and it all works great. 

Okay, makes sense. So you have DOFLinx.exe called at startup of your PC then?

Yeah, I enter all that stuff manually too ;)

I actually have Pinball X load DOFLinx when PBX first loads, and then I have PBX msg DOFLinx to "quit" when PBX exits.  

I just find it easier to have PBX start up everything I need in a BAT file instead of having to deal with Windows startup issues with Win 10. Just always make sure all programs run as admin, and make sure all BAT files have a shorcut to run as admin as well.

I have DOFLinx always running , and then I MSG a SUP config file for each system that I use for DOFLinx, when I launch a table. This allows for a different setup for each system.

My controller emulates a joystick, and I'm not able to map my Exit button to anything that quits the program using x360ce. I have to map it to a key with a joytokey type program that itself kills all processes so that FX2 quits cleanly. PinballX's integrated support gives me trouble too. I run this ahk script in Other Systems using Custom. Should be able to run the DOF stuff with it.

Spoiler

#NoEnv  
#SingleInstance force
#WinActivateForce
SetTitleMatchMode, 3
DetectHiddenWindows, On

; User inputs
antimicro_Path=c:\antimicro
dmdext_Path=c:\dmd-extensions

RegRead, SteamDirPath, HKCU, Software\Valve\Steam, SteamPath
Table=%1%     ;Variable from PinballX

Run, %antimicro_Path%\antimicro --no-tray --hidden --profile "%antimicro_Path%\profiles\VP.joystick.amgp"

; Mirror and flip DMD for P2k
Run, %dmdext_Path%\dmdext mirror --source=pinballfx2 --destination=virtual --virtual-hide-grip --virtual-position 5760 400 1600 --flip-y -q,, Hide
Sleep, 5000

Run, "%SteamDirPath%\Steam.exe" -applaunch 226980 "%Table%"
WinWait, ahk_class PxWindowClass

Process, WaitClose, Pinball FX2.exe
Run, taskkill /im antimicro.exe /f,, Hide
ExitApp

#IfWinActive ahk_class PxWindowClass

; Exit Table
    e::
        Gosub killApp
    Return

#IfWinActive